Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day

I'm not so sure how I got so lucky yesterday.  Our original plan was for our whole family to go to the Diamondback's game for Father's Day since Daryle already had some tickets for the game.  The night before we started talking about what time we were going to leave the house.  I started to panic when Daryle told me we needed to leave at 10 ... for a game at 1:40.  What?!  I was informed that he needed to be in the first 5,000 to get his free BBQ set from the dbacks... really??  Suddenly I started thinking about the laundry and house cleaning that didn't get done on Saturday due to attending a funeral all the way across town and then celebrating Father's Day with my dad.  I was pleasantly surprised when Daryle offered to take the boys to the game and I could stay home.  Wow. I didn't know if it was Father's Day or Mother's Day!  I love spending time with my boys, but with the way my husband attends baseball games (batting practice is a must in his book.. and you can just forget leaving early!!) I just didn't think I had the stamina in me.  I was ok with him taking the boys. I knew he could do it and he did a great job.  Everybody came home with smiles on their faces... even dad was smiling!  (And he got his BBQ set too!) They had an awesome time and I got my cleaning done AND was able to go see a movie with my mom.  Everybody was happy!
The boys got to attend the No Chew Crew Meeting before hand.  I love how Travis is being the "protective big brother" here.  Nice to see once in awhile!
Connor is finally old enough to go into the playground... called the Sandlot.  He can run around and get out his energy and we know he is safe. 
Travis and Connor also got to bat in the whiffle  ball area.  Some guys pitch balls to the kids and then they run the little bases.  Once again this was a first for Mr. Connor.  He is a good batter so he did a super job hitting the ball, and he didn't even use a tee!
Visiting with Baxter was a huge hit!  Daryle said Connor kissed his nose at least 5 times. 

They had so much fun!  I think Daryle was thankful that they both fell asleep in the car on the way home.  I am glad to know that all three of them can go to the games together and they can come home all in one piece!  LOL  Daryle said he had a wonderful Father's Day.  After all, we did cook him breakfast in bed and we went to dinner at a restaurant of his choosing. The boys made him some gifts at the Home Depot Kids Club this month and we got him a gift card.  He is a wonderful father, I am glad my boys have him! Happy Father's Day Daryle!!  We love you!!  XOXOXO

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

All Sunday I was thinking, What better way to wish Jason a Happy Father's day than by letting him be a father? Ha ha. :)