Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lazy Summer Days

This week Travis has been going to baseball camp in the mornings.  Since it is so hot out right now we have been taking it easy in the afternoons.  This leaves us time for LOTS of photo opportunities!  Here are my boys before they went to the Dbacks game on Sunday. They had so much fun!
I have been letting the boys play with the hose in the evenings since we don't have a pool.  My intentions were to get some water on our dying grass.  Last night I went to check on them and they decided to make "a bathtub" in the dirt.  Do these two look "innocent" or what??!!
"Mom, what is the problem??  We're just hanging out in the mud. We ARE boys you know!"
"Hmmm, can I get that bird from here??"
I recently cleaned out the bedroom closets.  Evidently now Travis can reach the old Halloween costumes. I am glad to see them get some use!  The boys wanted to "sword fight" with these plastic bats.  As you can see from the helmet and gloves Travis was preparing to ease the pain from his little brother!  I was cracking up. I had to run for the camera. How could be be afraid of this little guy??  lol  (Even though he is little he packs quite a punch!)
Connor is "the police"! Watch out, he likes to give out tickets!
Here he is in his police car.
This was so ridiculous I had to get a picture.  I figure I can use it at some point in the future for bribery, payback or whatever!!
After the sword fight they needed an ice cream break. You can always use one of those, especially when it is 114 degrees outside!
Later on Travis decided to put his old police costume on. As you can see he has grown. (Somebody needs to tell Travis!  LOL) Kinda reminds me of the Incredible Hulk when he breaks through his clothes....
Yes, we were getting silly by this point.  Travis wanted to see how high he could jump so he wanted me to take pictures of him doing this.  He actually can jump pretty high!
 Connor wanted in on the action... oops!  You jumped too high sweetheart!
This is the perfect picture to show you just how my days raising two boys feels sometimes! Crazy, blurry, but lots of fun!
I just love these two guys so very, very much. We have our moments... time outs, screaming, yelling, arguing, hitting (boys do this!), while I do lots of redirecting... but then we have the sweet, loving, kind, sharing, caring, hugging moments and then it all seems so "normal". Whatever normal is anyway!     
I have to say I am really enjoying my summer this year.  It has been a few years since we have had a summer just to kick back and relax. Three summers ago I was starting the mountains of paperwork for the adoption. Two summers ago we went to Russia and brought Connor home. That summer and last summer I also was taking summer classes for my Master's degree.  Lots of adjusting was going on the last two years. I think it took us a year and a half to finally feel settled and adjusted as a family.  (Most of this was Travis adjusting... Connor had no issues whatsoever.)  Last summer was ok, but we were dealing with a lot of behavior issues with Travis. After getting some counseling we were all able to get through it and move along.  Finally, this summer I feel like a  mom of two very active, very energetic little boys. Connor is potty trained which means no more diaper bags.  I feel happy and sad about this all at the same time.  Connor is napping a little less and we aren't on as strict of a schedule this year.  We can go where we want and do what we want.  A whole new world is opening up to Connor and he is having a blast!  He has realized he has been missing things... and now he is old enough to participate.  Life is good.
Not sure if you notice or not, but Connor's birthmark is getting much lighter.  He is looking different to me around his eyes.  Gosh are his eyes beautiful! Actually, I know I am biased, but both of my boys are just so HANDSOME!!  They already have girls chasing after them ... I am still considering locking them up during those teenage years... lol! If anything it would be to keep the girls safe!!! 

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

beautiful family. This is what it's all about!

Grammy said...

I feel like I am missing all the fun. I am off today so I just might have to take a trip out to Queen Creek!