Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Road Trip

I just sent Travis and Grandpa on their first road trip together. No mom and dad allowed!  They are headed up to California where Grandpa also lives.  I think they are going to have an awesome time!  I told Travis he was going to remember this trip for the rest of his life.  He was feeling some anxiety this morning. Mostly he was upset that Daryle had already left for work (he left at 5:15 this morning) and he couldn't say goodbye. However I know that they did say their good byes last night plus they went to the baseball game together.  Here he is with his bags packed, ready to get in the car!
Here are Grandpa and Travis all packed up and ready to go!
Connor wanted to say good bye too.  (I don't think Connor has realized that he won't see Travis for a week yet! I wonder how long until he starts asking for him!)
Good bye!!!!!!! 
For those of you wondering... no, I did not shed any tears! Probably because I know that Connor and I will head up there on a plane next Tuesday. I will miss him terribly but I know Connor will keep me just as busy! I had to laugh when I came inside.  Travis wanted some milk with his breakfast this morning. He scoffed when I only filled his up half way. I reminded him that he never finishes his milk (and that he leaves it on the counter to spoil) and that if he wanted more I can always give him more.  I had to laugh when I saw this cup of milk in the fridge just a few minutes ago! I can't believe he didn't just leave it on the counter, he is turning into such a great boy!!!  (Seeing this cup did bring a small tear to my eye!)
I wonder how many more things I will find around the house over the next week??  He may not be here physically but something tells me we will not stop thinking about him!!
Oh man.. I wondered why it was so quiet... just found Connor covering his legs with markers!! Ahh!! I can tell there will be no rest for me!! LOL!!

No comments: