Sunday, June 19, 2011

My baby just turned 3!

Wait a minute here! Where have the last two years gone???  In some ways it seems like eons ago and in other ways it seems like yesterday.  On June 15, 2009 Connor turned one year old. It also just happened to be the day we got to pick him up from the baby home to join his forever family. What an incredible day that was! I don't think we will ever celebrate Connor's birthday without reliving some of those precious moments.  Here are some of those memories! Then we will move on to birthday #3! 
                                     
This is Connor once we arrived at our hotel and he began to settle in a bit.  He is starting to smile now!  Happy First Birthday little man!
Here we are on our car ride leaving the baby home.  Travis was on cloud nine while Connor was trying to figure out just what exactly was going on here!
And of course how can I leave out our very first family photo ever??  I know it isn't the best picture in the world, but it is our first and I think it speaks 1,000 words!  Finally, we were a family of 4!
Here is Connor celebrating birthday #2.  Happy, well adjusted and still incredibly loved by all.  Just look at that smile plastered across his face! Does this say happy or what??
Which now leads us up to birthday #3!  Since daddy had to leave for work very early in the morning I let Travis go ahead and give him one present to start out his morning. Travis had picked out a large bouncy ball and a small gift from the dollar store.  I decided those would be a perfect start to the day. As you can see from this hug, Connor LOVED his present!  It is nice to see them having more and more of these types of moments vs. the "other" moments, if you know what I mean!  (We still have plenty of those however! They just seem to be more balanced these days.)  Now that Connor is 3 they are able to play together more, which nice. (It also means the arguing can be more difficult... Connor is not always the victim anymore! He is a quick learner from his older brother!)
For months Connor has been telling me that he wants "party hats" at his birthday. I found this cute one for him, I think he liked it!  (It turned out dark, trust me, it was cute!)  Gosh he looks like such a big kid here!
Connor likes to dig, dig, dig! He got this cool wheelbarrow from his grandma in California and this shovel set from Grammy. He would have been content with this all night long!  We kept trying to get him to open a few more gifts but he kept coming back to this!
Mommy and Daddy got him his very own workshop. This has had quite a workout already this week.  (The power drill had to take a time out....  he was trying to "fix" Rock.... umm, no honey!) He has had fun hammering away and organizing all of his tools daily.
Next came the big gift of the night, his very own "jeep"!  Red Truck Grandpa had his mind made up and there was going to be no changing it! Both boys are in heaven with it and it has already been charged up more than once.  When the weather cools down (in like 4 months!) I am sure it will be getting a daily workout. It is too big for inside so outside it will stay!  I can see loads of fun in their future. =)
Connor picked out this birthday cake. I was going to make one but Travis insisted that we let him get one from the bakery. I must say it was pretty delicious!
Here I am with my boys!  Boy have we come a long way since this....
Of course we had a good moment to snap a nice picture with Grammy.  Connor was too busy playing with his toys to pose with anybody else!
                                    
Why is he looking so grown up? What happened to my baby???  Oh well, now he keeps us in stitches every day with the funny things he does and says.  He will break out into song at any given moment. He has a wide variety of musical interests.  I think the funniest things are what he says to his big brother ("Get OUTTA here Trav!"  "I need my privacy!"  "Grrr, I am Robosaurus, I breath fire and I eat junk cars!" This list goes on and on and on...  It is so hard to keep from laughing, I find myself constantly turning my head around!  Oh Connor, we sure love you! Happy Birthday Sweetie Pie!!
PS-The best part of being three is that we are now potty trained!!  Hip, hip horray!!  If you have ever potty trained a boy... well... there are extra challenges involved! So far he has only hit his face once while peeing... and I have to clean the toilet daily.... but it beats buying diapers and pull ups for sure!

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

Those pictures of his 1st birthday make me emotional. To know he went from an orphanage to such a loving, wonderful family is overwhelming. Night and day. :)

Happy birthday!

PS Clara rode a Barbie Jeep at her friend's. I said I'd never ever buy one, but after I saw the look on her face that day, I'm reconsidering!