Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Fun 2011

I can't really say that Halloween is my favorite holiday...but I can't say that for my husband! It is hands down his favorite.  He is the one who is in charge of most of the costumes and for sure he is the one who comes up with the ideas for outside decorations.  It is because of him that we are now proud owners of things like a strobe light, fog machine, giant tarp, creepy music, spider webs, bottle of blood and a black light bulb.  How do people live without these things?  Daryle also is the one who does the pumpkin carving.  He sits down with Travis and they draw out the face on paper then they carve it out.  I resigned a few years ago... I am not very artistic!  Here are the boys carving.  (Travis stands back until all of the guts are emptied... he has a history of gagging from the smell. It's ok with us if he passes on this part....)
 The big one has "dracula teeth" and I told them to make one cute one.  They did an awesome job!
 We did the pumpkins the night before.  So, here they are the night of Halloween getting ready. Travis wanted to be a Zombie. (**sigh** no more cute costumes for him ... he has crossed over to the other side!)  The next thing I knew Daryle was being a Zombie too.  So, they were twin Zombies.
 Here is Travis sporting his bucket of blood look.  (Daryle told him.. don't smile! Zombies don't smile!  Little good that did!  lol)
 Poor Connor just wasn't in the spirit of things.  He was supposed to wear his costume to school that day... he refused.... a teacher finally talked him into wearing it.... then they went trick-or-treating all around the high school.  From what I hear the costume went on, off, on, off, on, off... you get the picture.  So last night when it came time to get dressed guess who wanted NOTHING to do with it? Yep, Mr. Connor.  I was able to get him into costume at one point.  By the time I got the camera I found him in his room back in his regular clothes. All I wanted was a picture, it didn't matter if he went out or not. So, I put on my sad mommy face and begged and pleaded for him to at least put on his green shirt with his dinosaur costume so that I could at least get one picture.  Being the good little boy that he is he humored me and put it on... minus the green pants I bought him.  Lucky for me I was able to get more than one picture too.  As you can see though, he was not very happy about it!  (And he is still wearing his regular clothes underneath.   Can you say STUBBORN child??!!)  I guess this will have to do .... it's the memories, right??
 Grump-a -saurus instead of T-Rex.
 Creepy, scary Zombie.
 FINALLY!  Is that a smile??  (Unfortunately that lasted all of 0.001 seconds then he was back inside, costume off, ready to play Candyland with his grammy.  He was d.o.n.e done.)
 The pumpkin line up.
 Zombie twins.
All in all it was a good night.  We had perfect weather, lots of kids came by and my Zombie twins enjoyed scaring people when they came up to the house. I didn't get any pictures of them, but they enclosed our front porch, put up the strobe light, turned on the fog machine, turned on creepy music, and sat in our outdoor chairs.... they were completely motionless.  They had fun doing that, I had fun watching the kids and Connor enjoyed playing Candyland about 500+ times. Thanks to Grammy and the grandpas for keeping him entertained for awhile!  Having fun is what it's all about, right??  Happy Halloween!

No comments: