Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Polar Express

Two years ago we took Travis for his first ride on the Polar Express.  We had such a wonderful time. We didn't take Connor that year because we weren't sure what to expect and plus it was at a time where we needed some one on one time with Travis.  At that time Connor was a wild man and we didn't want to lose him! Fast forward to this year and not only did Connor get to go but so did all of the grandparents.  We drove up to Williams/Flagstaff right away after school. After checking into our hotel we had dinner, got the kids changed into their pajamas and then we were off to ride the train.  Here we are waiting to board the train. Connor looked at the girl and said, "Lady, I am going to sleep on your train!"  (He was being grumpy, he had no idea what was going on even though we tried to tell him this was going to be  FUN!) Well, let me tell you, he did NOT fall asleep on the train. In fact, he did not want to get off the train at all when it was time to leave!  We all had a super good time.
Mrs. Claus worked hard all day making these delicious snicker doodles.  We gobbled them all up!
 Time for hot choc-o-late! That sure brought a smile to the face of Mr. Grump-a-saurous!
 Here we all are enjoying our hot chocolate and cookies.  A little too much sugar for Connor??
 I tried and tried and to get a good picture of the boys... there was just too much activity going on to get them to both look at the camera at the same time.  This was the best I could get!
 FINALLY!!  SANTA!!  Can you believe he came right on our train? He gave all of the children a silver bell.  We could all hear it ring.... WE BELIEVE!!
 On his way out Santa stopped to talk to my dad.  He told him, "Sorry about all of that coal in your stocking!"
Just look at the sparkle in Grandpa's eyes. I don't know who had more fun!  (When Santa saw him, he pointed to him and said, "I know you!")
 Here are the boys with our chef for the night.  When asked what was his favorite part of the night, Travis said making a new friend!
 We found an elf! With real elf ears!  Travis had to check them out, up close and personal.  He was very intrigued....
 Wow, Mrs. Claus even made an appearance!  She asked us how we liked the snicker doodles that she had made earlier that day. We told her we loved them!
 After that, this is pretty much the look Connor gave me every time I asked him to smile for a picture.
 Here is a cute one of the boys with Grammy and Grandpa.
We had so much fun. I am so thankful for my family and the many blessings we have.  My children are so lucky to have so many grandparents who dote on them and love them so much.  Taking short road trips and making memories like this are what it's all about in my book.  Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

mad white woman said...

So fun. I keep telling myself we'll do this some day, but so far, I've always come up with really good excuses not to. :)

That picture of Connor "with too much sugar" cracks me up. Ha ha!

Mary Ann said...

Looks like you all had a lot of fun, Lisa. The pictures are great. This is a memory that will last.