Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Catch-Up

I have to say, we had a pretty nice Christmas at our house.  We made it to Mass on Christmas Eve. This was no easy feat.  We tried to attend 4:00 Mass but were turned away (along with another hundred people or so) because the church was already full.  We were 45 minutes early.... sigh.  Evidently the Fire Marshall said that nobody could stand, every person must have a seat.  Thank goodness there were 4 Mass times for that evening.  We made it to 8:00 Mass instead. It was beautiful. I think in the future we will just aim for that one anyway.  On Christmas Eve the boys also spent the day tracking Santa on NORAD. Every year we do this and the boys always enjoy watching the short video of Santa landing in Red Square!  Christmas morning arrived early... not too early as we had feared... but early enough for us!  As you can see, people were very pleased with their presents judging by all of the hugging going on.

 Connor got the Leapster Explorer. Travis owned the original Leapster. Unfortunately it did not make it to see the end of 2011. When thinking of what to get the boys for Christmas I decided Connor could use a Leapster of his own.  I couldn't believe how much the product has changed since just 5 or 6 years ago.  This toy is incredible. I highly recommend it if you have a child 3-6. You will not be disappointed. (No, I am not paid to endorse Leapster!  It is honestly an awesome toy!) I especially love how you can download e-books... you must check it out!
I got a new camera for Christmas, yahoo!  I don't know that it is much better than my old one, but at least it has all of the screws in place to hold it together.  lol!  It has some different settings so I was doing some experimenting with it. Here are the boys checking out some of their new toys on Christmas morning.
 Daryle and I just messing around with the camera.
 We always go to my mom and dad's in the afternoon on Christmas day and then we have a nice dinner.  (My dad always grills steak.... yummy!!!!)  Here are Travis and Grammy just before opening up more presents.
 Yes, that is Connor holding up some remote control cars.  And yes, there is a HUGE smile behind that box!
 Red Truck Grandpa always comes too.  We all love to watch the kids open up their gifts.
A few years ago my parents started investing in a nice train set.  Over the years they have added some different pieces.  This was bought with Travis in mind, however, now that Connor is around he is enjoying the fun of the train as well.  Travis is "in charge" while Connor gets to "watch".  Travis and Grammy have spent a lot of time collecting little figurines to make the train more exciting. My mom gets to excited...she waits until the day after Christmas and then heads down to Walgreens and gets them for 75% off. Smart idea!! When you are only paying $1 or $2 then you tend to take everything that is left on the shelf!  Now they are collecting ones that light up... pretty cute I must say! Here is Connor being a good boy and "watching". (This can be a challenge at times...)
 Here is Travis setting up the village.  I asked him why he keeps doing those signs with his hands. His reply.... Mom, it means Peace Bro!  Well, ok then.... So whatever Travis does.....
 Connor does too!  He copies everything his big brother does... the good and the funny as well as the "bad"....
Wishing you peace and happiness during this Christmas season!

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

Looks like a great Christmas. You have such sweet pictures of your boys together. I hope Clara and Hazel stay like that as they get older. :)