Sunday, December 11, 2011

Where Does the Time Go Anyway??

Every year on Halloween night I tell Daryle, "Just watch... Christmas will be here in the blink of an eye!"  It just seems that each year it goes faster and faster.  We have been busy, busy, busy. I can say that both of the boys have been so much fun this holiday season. Travis has lots of questions... he would like to be an elf... he wants to fly on Santa's sleigh... he wants to help the elves with the naughty and nice list... and the questions this year. Oh my!  I have to say, I am loving every minute of it!  Yesterday there was a car show just down the street from us. Daryle took the boys so I could clean the house and finish putting up the Christmas decorations. (It is so much easier to do this when they are out of the house!)  I got a text saying that they would like this for Christmas....
Or maybe a couple of these....
Does Santa have a money tree I can put in the backyard?  lol
Santa was also at the car show.  We decided he must be a "helper" Santa. Would the real Santa really come to a car show in our small town?? 

Since they were looking so cute I had them do some posing in front of the Christmas tree. We had to get a new one this year.  The Sunday after Thanksgiving Travis and I dug out the old tree, got it all set up, then we went to plug it in.  Nothing lit up.  Total  disappointment.  We went out to find a new one but had no luck. The following day we went to a few stores and ended up finding one at Michael's.  Not the way I wanted to buy a new tree, but what do you do?  I always used to have a fresh one in the house (before kids), but around here things are so dry I just don't like the fire hazard. Plus with Travis and his asthma I don't want to risk it.  We got 6 good years out of our old one... hopefully this one will last a little longer!  After looking at these pictures I realized how BIG Travis is getting!  Wow!
Then we decided to have a little family shoot.  Connor found the Santa hats... he is in love with them!  We even have one that fits his head perfectly. He wore it all last night.  Here they are making a Daddy Sandwich.
Travis wanted to take a turn with the camera... how does he get these shots??!
Here I am with my boys... Rock was getting jealous so we let him get in on the pictures too.  He even has a santa hat as well!
SMOOCH!
(I heart these boys!!)
My mom called up yesterday and asked if we wanted to go looking at Christmas lights.  We thought that sounded like a lot of fun.  It is amazing what people do to decorate!  We even found Santa!  Boy, you can imagine the questions from Travis in the car. Where are the reindeer? Do they know the way home? Will they leave without Santa? Where will Santa sleep tonight?  Did he get dinner? Where are the elves?  This went on, and on, and on forever.  I kept my answers the same each and every time.  I think he was trying to see if I would change my answers...  This was an awesome Santa. Connor ran right up to him, it was pretty cute!
A little Christmas in the desert humor....
Connor loved how Frosty and Santa would pop up from this igloo. I think he thinks they are all "real"...
Today I have been hustling and bustling around doing a bunch of shopping. I really need to grade papers and work on report cards.  Procrastination...  Blogging is such a good way to put things off just a a little bit longer.  Plus it actually relaxes me a bit, puts my mind at ease.  It's almost time to start dinner... so I had better go grade a few papers first!! Until next time....

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I don't think I've commented in awhile. I wish there was a "like" button for every post. I love reading about what you guys are up to. Hopefully next year we will get to do the Polar Express. And yes, Christmas was here in a blink of an eye. Can it please slow down? I love this time of year - but I guess I love most holidays and thankfully we have a holiday every month. Oh and great job Travis for memorizing. Congrats!

mad white woman said...

I agree with you on the time thing. Seriously, slow down! I like the pictures in the santa hats. So festive.