Monday, December 19, 2011

Elf-A-Mania

It's funny what you find on your camera sometimes.  Last week it was super cold and rainy here in the dry desert.  I put Connor in this green fleece outfit.  When I put it on him he looked like one of Santa's elves!  He wanted to wear his Santa hat as well, I thought he looked pretty cute!  

 In typical older brother fashion, Travis had to put on a Santa hat and get his picture taken too. We can't have just one elf in the family.  What kind of elf is this anyway??
 Here they are in "Super Hero Elf" form... what?!?!  (You should have heard the noises that came with this pose!)
 Last Tuesday our church had a family Christmas party for the RE program that Travis attends.  Each family was asked to bring some Christmas decorations to decorate "a small tree". I didn't know how small this tree would be.  Plus, I waited a bit too long to finally buy our decorations.  I just couldn't decide what to buy. Add in the fact that I am not very crafty.  I feel I need to explain this before you see our "little tree".  Here is Travis with our tree in the church.  We all gave our trees a blessing before we started decorating.
 Here is Travis with our tree.  It was a lot cuter in person. There were no tree toppers left at the store so "uncrafty me" thought this cute Santa hat would look cute on top.  I thought it would bring a smile to somebodies face.  I hope it did.  You see, all of these trees were delivered to three local hospitals and two nursing homes.  I am not sure exactly how many trees were decorated, but I am sure there were a couple hundred. I love this tradition and am glad we were a part of it.
 The kids also enjoyed cookies, hot chocolate, Christmas carols and some candy while we decorated. Here is our final product. I tried really hard to capture it's cuteness. 
 I tried to get a picture of the trees all lined up on the floor. It didn't turn out very well... this is why I really need a new camera for Christmas!  lol  (Santa, can you hear me??)  I know my boys and I felt really good when we left.  I really hope these trees are brightening up some people's lives right now.  There were some super cute ones. And then there is ours.  I just hope that it is making somebody smile.   
I just hope that maybe getting a new camera will help me gain some crafty thoughts for next year... well, a girl can wish can't she??!

No comments: