Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Conversation


Wow.  Some days I wish Connor had a volume control button on his voice.  I never had these "embarrassing" moments with Travis, I think it was due to his language delay. Connor has no such problem. I would always read and hear about kids saying comments at the wrong times and in the wrong places. I always laughed but I never really understood being in those shoes. Until now.  Here is what happened this morning.  After dropping Travis off at baseball camp I decided to get a coffee from Dunkin Donuts.  Connor wanted to go inside and then sit outside to enjoy his donut.  After settling in to our tall chairs at a tall table here is what transpired.

C: Mom, are donuts healthy for you?
M: Well, not really but as long as they are a once-in-awhile treat they are ok. You don't want to eat one every day, or a whole bunch at once, that would not be healthy.  You don't eat them very often so this is ok.
C: Right mom, I don't want to get diarrhea.  If you eat one donut, then you poop it out, then you can have another donut because the other one is gone, right?
(Me, giggling, trying not to fall out of my chair with laughter!)
M: Yes, I guess so,
Then, out walks a mom with two kids. The little boy is carrying a box with probably a dozen donuts in it.  At first Connor starts to say he wants a big box of donuts like that. Then.....
C: Mom look at all of their donuts!! They are going to have A LOT OF DIARRHEA!!

Aye...

So there you have it. I now am one of "those" moms who now has "those" types of stories!  Gotta love it!!  What else can you do??!!

PS- We then had a conversation about using quiet voices and not talking about these things in public because it can hurt people's feelings.  He sure keeps me on my toes, that's for sure.  I can only imagine our future conversations... lol

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

These moments are the crowning moments of parenthood. :)