Saturday, June 9, 2012

It was an early week....


This past week Travis participated in a baseball camp held out our local high school.  He had so much fun!  I think part of the reason he had so much fun was because two of his friends from his baseball team were also there.  The only part we didn't like was that it started at 7 am.  That's right, STARTED at 7. School doesn't even start that early!  That meant we all had to be awake and moving by 6:30 and out the door by 6:45. Do you know how hard it is to wake up somebody out of a nice deep sleep?  We even set his alarm for 6 but he was like a zombie. He went right back to sleep.  I had to say, "I am getting in the shower, you need to get up when I get out." Which turned into, "Ok, I am out now.  You need to get up."  Good thing for him he can roll out of bed, get dressed and be out the door fairly quickly once his little eyes to open up!  Once we got out there the weather was nice and cool. However, by the time it came to get him around 10 it was already warming up quite a bit.  They went through a LOT of water.  

 Yesterday we got there a little early to pick him up. Connor and I hung out in the dugout. Thank goodness for technology.  There was nothing for him to do out there, except climb a dirt mountain (which he did the day before...and he came home a giant dirtball!) and just be hot. hot. hot. 
 Here is the crew. It is nice to see them all becoming such good friends.  They are all great kids too!
 Goofy pose....
Travis wanted to do the camp another week because his friends are doing it again.  I said, let's take a break.  We have a lot going on this week and I already rearranged things from this past week so that he could do the camp. When I reminded him that he could sleep in instead he didn't argue with me!  I think we will do another baseball camp the week following next, at least that one is indoors.  It starts at 8. Sounds like a plan to me!

2 comments:

mad white woman said...

I have a hard time getting myself out the door by 6:45 without kids in tow. I'd really have to step up my game to survive that. :)

Mary Ann said...

Ok, Lisa, it is now official. Travis is growing up, as evidenced by wanting to sleep in...