Friday, December 28, 2012

Feeling Sad

I took this off of the Facebook page for the agency we used to adopt Connor.  I can hardly believe it.  We are so happy we got our boys home safe and sound.  Our hearts go out to the families who are in the middle of this process and now may never get to bring their children home. This is a political move on Putin's part, it is such a shame that it comes at the cost of the lives of hundreds of thousands of Russian children.  I have so many feelings about this, it is hard to process and put into words. 
 
With the news this morning that Russian President Putin signed the bill effectively banning US adoptions of Russian children as of January 1, 2013, we are heartbroken and saddened. Hand In Hand is working with our staff in Russia and cooperating with the US Department of State.

Up to date information can be found at:
http://adoption.state.gov/

Please join us in praying for all of the children of Russia who need forever families.
 
I am also disgusted with the comments I am seeing on news feeds regarding this story. It seems that many people in our country still continue to be uneducated regarding the subject of adoption.  Of course there are children in our own country who need families as well. I don't judge where you adopt your children from (neither do I discriminate against people who had, gasp, biological children) and I resent being judged because of where my children came from.  Also, if you have never adopted a child then I don't think you have a right to bash parents who have adopted their children. People can be so ignorant.
 
Actually, all adopted children came from heaven, some families just had to cross an ocean to find them. 
 
God led Daryle and I to our children (we had NO idea they were in Russia. In fact those that know us know we originally were headed to Guatemala. Oops, little did we know.) and we thank Him every day for His tremendous blessing to our family.  Not only were we blessed once, but twice.

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Lisa,
Let's pray for a change. I just have a hard time believing that this will last, it is so wrong. My heart aches for the families who met their children.
Mary Ann

mad white woman said...

This is really, really sad. I really can't understand why someone would do this knowing how many Russian children's lives are blessed from adoption. And why are people so judgmental about where you adopted a baby from? I don't get that either. You found your boys that belong in your family, what difference does it make what country they were born in? Looks like I'm pretty opinionated about this and it doesn't come close to affecting me like it does you. :)

Grammy said...

Such a shameful act on Putin's part. We can only pray for a conversion of his heart. The children do not deserve to be treated this way.