Sunday, December 23, 2012

Never A Dull Moment....

The baseball bats, baseballs, eye black, water bottles, and sports bags barely had time to rest before soccer season was upon us!  Travis had his first game two weeks ago, last week's game was rained out and now we have a short break before we return full force in January.  This is his first time playing on an all boys team. He finally reached the age where they split the boys and girls up. There are only 9 players on his team so if anybody isn't there they have the play the whole time. Which is what happened for the first game. They did well but I can see they have a long road ahead of them! Never fear, Coach Daryle will whip them into shape in no time at all! Here is the happy duo before the first game.
We also took the boys to see Santa at the local Bass Pro Shop.  They always do a great job there and the store is full of entertainment to help pass the time while you wait to see Santa. Here are the boys posing for me while we endured our hour wait to see the Big Guy.
Finally! Santa!  As you can see Connor is showing Santa his list this year...
This past week was our last week of school before our break for Christmas.  Let me tell you, Travis is not known for being crafty, artsy, or anything like that.  When he signs a card you get his name and maybe one little drawing.  Well, he seems to be changing. Either that or he REALLY REALLY likes his teacher this year. I never saw him work so hard on a card before.  Here he is showing off his work, he was pretty proud of himself!
Here is the finished product... I had to have him stop before he got too carried away. I love how he signed it "Tman".  He cracks me up sometimes!
Yesterday I saw on Facebook that the real Santa was going to be visiting the farm that is just down the street from us.  We just HAD to go!  Of course the boys also had to take a train ride.
And then we had to take a hay ride to go find Santa's reindeer.
They even got to feed the reindeer too!
Oh my goodness... it is warm enough for shorts yet there was a big hill of snow just sitting out there??!!
And last but not least, they got to visit with Santa, sit on his lap, chat a while and give him some big hugs.
Travis has had his picture taken with this Santa, the "real" Santa, since he was 3 years old. He didn't make it to the elementary schools this year and I was pretty bummed out about it. I saw his picture posted online with the information about where he was going to be yesterday morning. Of course my boys (mostly Travis) about came unglued when Santa hugged me and said, "Are you still teaching?" and then I proceeded to have a conversation with him. It's the little things I tell you! I was so happy we got our picture with him this year. He is awesome. After all, this IS Santa!


1 comment:

mad white woman said...

You need to teach me how to be a better parent of a student for claras teacher. And whats this about the real santa??