Sunday, December 2, 2012

Turkey Day and Birthday Boy

Before Christmas day is knocking on my door I had better make some comments about Thanksgiving and Daryle's Birthday. 
 
Before I begin I have to tell you how Thaksgiving Day started.  Connor runs into our bedroom shouting, "HAPPY CHICKEN DAY!!!"  That was an awesome way to start "Turkey Day"!
 
We had my parents and Red Truck Grandpa over for Chicken Day Thanksgiving Dinner. It is great because we divide up our favorite dishes and it all comes together great. I wanted to baste my turkey and discovered I was missing part of the baster.  Daryle couldn't find one at the store (he ran there to pick up a few last minute items) so I quick called my mom.  She had one but wouldn't be at my house for a good 30 minutes or so.  When she got there I took out my turkey... and it was completely cooked!  I thought it looked pretty perfect so I got out my camera to take a picture. It was DELICIOUS even though I didn't baste it until it was done! 
 Daryle's birthday was on Sunday.  Connor LOVES to write all of his letters and numbers.  He is actually getting pretty good at it too.  I told him the letters to write on Daryle's card but other than that he wrote this all on  his own.  He did a pretty good job.  After I took this shot I told him to open up his eyes.....
 So this is what I got next!  Silly kid! He was so proud of his work!
 Happy Birthday Daddy!  Be glad we didn't stick on all 42 candles on  your cake this year!!

Wishing many, many years of happiness to a wonderful husband and fabulous father.  We love you! (Even if you are getting old and having to go in for "fun" tests on your aging body!!  I know it stinks but we want you to stay healthy!!)

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

Tell Connor I wish it was Chicken day because I like chicken better. :)