Tuesday, December 4, 2012

'Tis the Season to Be Busy!

So, December started out with the end of the fall baseball season. Connor finished being on his first ever t-ball team.  We knew all of the kids would get a medal but the parents on our team also wanted to get the kids their own trophies.  Connor was pretty excited about getting his very first awards! The trophy even has his name on it which makes it that much more special. He was so cute.  After the game he said, "Mom, we got the GOLD medals, the other team must have gotten the silver ones!"  Ahh... it seems he did pay attention to the Olympics last summer!  I didn't have the heart to tell him they all got a gold....
 Last weekend we started putting up the Christmas decorations. I always put out this little nativity for the kids. This is the first year I haven't had to keep it away from Connor.  (Thank goodness for super glue...) The manger has seen better days but I still love to walk in and see how the boys have arranged the figures.  Connor did this one. I love how they always seem to include a car in the scene. I asked Connor why he put a car in there.
His response: So that if the Baby Jesus wants to leave he can.
Oh, ok then. That explains it!
 Then I have my super nice one that usually NOBODY touches but me.  This year the boys wanted to help me take out the figures from the box so I let them arrange them as I took them out. This is what they came up with.
 A view from the top shows that they are all looking at the baby. Phew. I was thankful they didn't put a sports car or monster truck in there... lol  I did have to suggest that they put Mary right next to Jesus because after all she is his Mom! (They had her way out towards the back.... boys!)
 The frustration got to Daryle this year and after having half of the lights up around the house he gave up. Oh well.  Last year we did lights and no blow ups and this year we have no lights but we do have blow ups and some lights.  Connor has to give them all a hug each night. I just love 4 year olds!


 Then we came inside to decorate the tree.  Travis has been helping me for years but this was the first year that Connor really got into it and actually helped the entire time. He got so excited about each ornament!  He really liked finding this "C" even though his excitement wasn't captured in this moment.
 They take their tree decorating very seriously....
Travis' decorating hasn't changed... he still likes to put the ornaments all in one area.  (I treasure this and know one day I will miss his crazy ideas about tree decorating. In fact I am such a softie I get teary eyed thinking about that day...geesh I have issues I guess! )
 
 Do you know how hard it is to take a picture of two busy boys and a crazy busy puppy???  I am glad I got one with them all looking the same way!


Well, I guess we are ready for Christmas!  Bring it on!
Now I just have to do some shopping which leads to wrapping.
And then comes the baking.  And the parties. Etc. Etc. Etc.  Fun times!
 
Oh and soccer season just started for Travis too.  (Connor refused to sign up... he told me he WOULD NOT play in any game. I took him seriously and saved us some money. Even though I know he would like it.  He has many years to enjoy it in the future!)
 
So if I am absent from here for a bit you will know where I am... probably knee deep in Christmas chaos bliss!
 


1 comment:

mad white woman said...

I'm trying so hard to not let the holidays sneak up on me and I'm totally failing. In fact, thinking of it is making me panic just a bit.