Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Home Study Scheduled!

Finally our social worker and I caught up with each other tonight. Our home study is scheduled for next Friday, August 15 at 6 pm. I warned her my house may not be perfectly clean after a long week at work! She said that would be ok! I am not nervous at all about it, I guess that is because we have been through this whole process already. She sounds very nice, it will be fun meeting her.

We had some surprising news last Friday. When I got home I had 2 e-mails from our agency. It seems they are closing the office that is close by our house!!!! We couldn't believe it!! I guess they will transfer our file and information to the Tuscon office. That is about 1 1/2 hours from us, not too bad. BUT...we went with them because they were CLOSE!! They have assured us that everything is fine, our case will be seen through to the end and it will go smoothly. I don't know all the details, only that the office had been there for 18 years. I was shocked, and I think the employees were too. They were all so nice and helpful and I really liked them. Daryle and I talked about it and we decided to stay with the agency. They are in 3 other states and are a pretty good size. They said they were closing because of the economy and the fact that adoptions in AZ are slow right now. That does make sense to some degree. We are sad but at the same time we are trying to stay positive. Daryle's first response when I told him was "Oh, here we go again!". Not that we had this exact thing happen, but it is just one of those "bumps" in the road on an adoption journey.

Travis LOVES school!! He loves his teacher, his principal and everything that has to do with school. I had a quick meeting after school and Travis said he wanted to go back to my classroom and play with some toys. Well, I came out and found him having an in-depth conversation with the secretaries!! They are all finding out how social he is! One of the funniest things is how he wants to show me where things are as if I have never been there before. For instance, he says "Mom, look! This is where I go to computers! Come let me show you!". Or, "Mom, look, that is where I eat lunch!". Everything is such a big deal and he is so proud of his school. He is so funny. However, what ISN'T funny is when he uses scissors to cut holes in his clothes (and his friend's shirt!!!!). Hopefully we have moved passed that phase! (Ok, that was only yesterday, but one can hope, right??)

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

Bummer about the office closing! Travis is such a happy kid, even with a cast.