Friday, August 15, 2008

Home Study...Check!

Phew! I wasn't really worried...but you just never know! I think the whole meeting went well, Travis was even a little angel. Well, I did tell him she was going to let Russia know how he was doing (she will when the baby gets home...but just thought I would put the idea in his head now anyway!) I guess it worked. Yeah! Daryle and I feel like "pros" now with the whole thing. We may have found a little loop hole regarding these parenting classes...we will see. So, now our home study gets written up, submitted to our agency and then they send it to the state of Arizona so we will be approved to adopt in the state of AZ. From there all of our papers will be translated and then sent to our region. We still don't know our region yet. With the changes within our agency we are not sure of what exactly will happen.


Some friends have been asking what are we going to do with the war activity that is going on in Russia right now. Well, I have faith that it will all work out. I know I can't get stressed out over things that are totally out of our control right now. We have no idea of how these issues and conflicts will affect us. We know from our adoption of Travis that God has a bigger plan out there and He will lead us to where we need to be. We know our child is out there somewhere and when the time is right we will be united forever. Most of you know what we went through to bring Travis home. You know we started out in Guatemala and ended up in Russia. It is obvious to us all that it was Travis' destiny to be in our family. It is this miracle that happened in our lives that gives me peace right now that we have to trust God, put things in His hands and pray that we have the patience and understanding to accept that. One day we will see how God orchestrated this new miracle to be part of our family too. It is amazing how hindsight can give us perfect vision! Please join me by keeping the people and especially the children of Russia in your prayers. I also am praying that God will allow us to get one more child out of a Russain orphanage to a forever family, but mostly I encourage us all to pray for world peace.


Thanks for all the well wishes regarding the home study, it went well and the paperwork is moving right along!


Oh!!! TOMORROW IS TRAVIS' GOTCHA DAY!!! Can you believe tomorrow it will be 4 years since we went to court and were officially named Travis' parents?? Boy how time flies! I will post some pictures tomorrow. I am going to put in a few surprise pictures of things most you haven't seen before or that you haven't seen in a LONG time.....so stay tuned!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Looks like you guys are going to do just fine with everything. You have such a good attitude. If only more people in the world had an attitude of hope like yours.

We also agree that Travis was meant for your family. He is such a blessed little boy.

mad white woman said...

I still laugh that you're required to take parenting classes. Hopefully you make the loophole. I love reading posts like this because it is a gentle reminder that there are still so many people in this otherwise crazy world that acknowledge God in our lives. I can't wait to find out what miracle #2 is like... :)