Thursday, August 14, 2008

Is this week over yet??!!

Boy has this been a busy week. Of course Travis had to start it all out by coming down with one of his infamous sinus infections. I usually know exactly when to bring him in. It took about 2 weeks for the symptoms to progress. His doctor wanted me to try using a sinus spray for a day or two before starting the antiobiotic. Yeah, right. The poor guy couldn't even stand the lights on in the house let alone go outside in the bright Arizona sun. His eyes were watering and all goopy and he was just miserable. I started him right away on the antibiotic (along with the sinus spray of course). So then the medicine loosened things up and of course went right to his lungs and thus the asthma and breathing treatments have begun! Last night I was up with him twice to do a treatment....of course Daryle is sick too so I got stuck doing both treatments after a long day at work and my first night of class for my master's program. Oh well, that's what moms are for, right??!! Daryle and Travis both stayed home to rest today, and Travis is already doing a little bit better. It feels like this week has lasted forever! Tomorrow is our homestudy, so I have been busily cleaning up the house this evening. I will wait until tomorrow to vaccum just before she comes. That should do it. What do you expect on a Friday after a long week of sick people and busy schedules? I keep hoping the next week will be less busy but that has yet to happen! It's a good thing I like to be busy and challenged because that is sure how things are going lately.
I really enjoyed my class last night. Of course there will be some work, but I think I will enjoy it for the most part. I haven't written a reasearch paper though in probably 14 years!!! Wish me luck on that! A few of us told the teacher that and she just laughed and said don't worry about it, we will be ok! I sure hope so!! Wish us luck tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

You are a supermom. I was just thinking today how I don't think I could handle teaching and being a mom all at once. Plus you are also adding in a masters and adoptions stuff. Good luck. We wish Travis a quick recovery - no one likes breathing treatments.