Saturday, June 5, 2010

Family Time

Around our house one of our favorite TV channels is Sprout. Travis used to love the shows (and still does!) and now Connor will watch some of the programs too. (The word "watch" is used loosely. Neither one of my kids sit around with their eyes glued to the TV. Travis is not a big TV or movie kid and Connor is just too busy to watch anything for more than 3 minutes!) Anyway, every evening on the show they do a craft. Well, this craft caught their attention and right away Travis wanted to try it out. The craft was making these animal headbands. They actually turned out pretty cute and were so easy! Lucky for us we had all of the supplies on hand too. It was nice to have a little project that both of the boys could do together. Connor only needed minimal help and Travis did his all on his own.
Today we went to a Diamondbacks game, the whole family! We approached this with low expectations so that we wouldn't be too disappointed. In the end we actually had a pretty good time (but that could depend on who you ask!). However, I don't think Connor will be going back until next season. It is just too exhausting chasing him around the stadium. He got mad at me because...sheesh... I wouldn't let him run down the stairs to random seats or run away from me. By the end of our time there I wouldn't even let him down. Period. What kind of mother am I anyway? We did leave in the 5th inning, plus we were there about 40 minutes early (we HAD to get the free batter helmet give way...duh!). I did get some cute pictures of the boys, so here they are.

In the car, ready for some baseball!

Playing in the toddler area. (We are thankful they let Travis in, since he was the one chasing Connor around in there. I had to guard the doorway so that he didn't run out!)
Here are the boys with Baxter, the mascot.
Sitting in a giant mitt. This one was so quick and random yet turned out to be one of the best of all of the pictures.
I needed proof that I was there too! We took this shot on our way out the door. We are exhausted. On the way home I told Daryle all I wanted for dinner was ice cream. It was delicious and I am sure we burned off every calorie at the game today!

No comments: