Friday, June 4, 2010

Summer Fun

We have had a pretty uneventful, mostly relaxing week together. I finally have the boys sleeping until around 7 am.... much better from the 5:30 we were dealing with last weekend! I think all three of us are enjoying being together, I think my boys were in much need of some "Mommy" time and I was in much need of spending some quality time with my boys. It has been a busy few months so it has been nice to have some down time to spend together. I also decided it was time for updated pictures of the kids. Call me crazy, but yes, I decided to take both boys in for a photo shoot this morning. (A HUGE thanks to Grammy for tagging along, this would not have happened if she had not been there to help me out! Thanks Mom! XO) Travis is a regular, he knows the poses and what to do for the camera. It took YEARS to get him to cooperate like this! Now I have to start all over again with Connor. When Travis was 2 we only got one pose because he was crying, kicking, screaming and running away at every turn. At least with Connor I did get a few cute shots, and many crazy shots, so that when I am old and he is graduating from high school or college or getting married I can clearly remember days like this! I try to enjoy them because I am sure one day I will be missing them.Travis' 7 year old pictures. He is growing up too fast, I can't believe he will be in 2nd grade!
We finally got Connor to stay on this block because I put him there, ran fast, and the girl was ready with her camera. Good thing, because the next two pictures after this were of him jumping off of the cube and then running away! I am thinking these studios might want to invest in some playground equipment for the active kids. lol

I LOVE this one, only problem is he looks like a little boy rather than a baby! (sniff, sniff)
This is the cutest one of the boys together. I know there is a chair in the background, but the ones I bought have the chair erased out. That is the good thing about studios, they have lots of magic touches! (If you are wondering why there is a chair there in the first place, well, we were trying anything to get Connor to sit and he really liked those little chairs. Plan failed, as you can see!) Overall this was an exhausting morning, but well worth it to preserve memories of my boys. They just grow up too fast!

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

Cute pictures. I took Clara to a studio for her 6 months photo and I haven't been back... not good results. :)