Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Connor!

So far we have had absolutely no problem keeping ourselves busy over our summer break! This week we celebrated Connor's 2nd birthday which also happens to be the exact day we picked him up from the orphanage one year ago. June 15 will always have so many things to celebrate for our family. The crazy part is that he just happened to be born on Father's Day in 2008 and we all went bowling to celebrate. I have tons of pictures and wrote about the whole day here on this blog. It's so neat to have those memories for him as he grows up. Here are some pictures capturing some of the more fun parts of our week.Travis decided he didn't need to do just one puzzle but rather it was way more fun to do as many puzzles as possible in one afternoon! We had fun working on some of them together.Look at this little cantaloupe stealer!! The look on his face says it all. He just LOVES fruit. He kept telling me, "I pick! I pick!" so I just let him put his hands in the whole bowl since I knew he was going to eat it all up anyway.
Another thing I noticed this week is that Connor has somehow figured out how to correctly hold a pen. We didn't show him how to do this, he is a natural I guess! He loves to draw and color, it keeps him busy for a few minutes anyway.
Tuesday was Connor's actual birthday but we had to celebrate on Monday night because I had class on Tuesday night. Nobody even knew the difference. As long as cake and presents are involved nobody is going to dare complain. As you can see there were no shortage of gifts either! We can always count on the grandparents for lots of things to open up.
We did get Connor his own tricycle. All of his bikes have been Travis' hand-me-downs. Of course nobody was complaining. But as I watched him ride around on faded toys my heart broke a little. It was then I knew what we needed to get him for his birthday. He LOVES it and rides it all over the house.
Cake making is not in my future, but it sure tasted yummy!
As you can see he also has a sweet tooth, he LOVES cake too!
Here he is on his actual birthday, he got to enjoy all of his presents for the whole day! He is growing up and changing so fast, I love him dearly! Right now he is at that stage where all he wants is "Mommy" and I am soaking up every minute because I know it will not last forever. He is such a cuddle bug, he loves to give big hugs and wet kisses all day long. He finally will come to me, rest his head on my shoulder and let me hold him for a few minutes at random times during the day. I love it and it lets me know that he feels safe. He is such a joy! Travis got this cool digging kit from Uncle Billy for his birthday and I suggested that we wait to enjoy it for a summer day when there wasn't much going on. So, this week we broke it out. It was so cool and Travis had an awesome time being a scientist!
The glasses, chisel, pick and magnifying glass all came in the kit. In the end there were 5 small spiders and one real spider preserved in a plastic case. It included a string so he can wear it like a necklace. It was a success!
I guess that about sums things up. Today is Father's Day so Daryle is enjoying a day of peace and quiet... well I think that lasted for a few minutes anyway! Oh well, we tried! At least he got his annual breakfast in bed and he really likes that. I am lucky to have such a wonderful father for my kids. I couldn't do it without him! Happy Father's Day!!

No comments: