Friday, June 25, 2010

What A Week!

Well, as if we didn't already have enough going on lately I got called for jury duty this week. I was hoping I would call in and be dismissed, or at least go down and spend one day and then be dismissed. As it turns out I got picked. This case happens to be in Superior Court, and it is pretty serious. I am learning a lot about things I never knew about before. In some ways I feel like I will be a much more informed citizen after this. Not only am I learning more and more about the judicial system I am learning about another way of life that exists in our world. I am not allowed to talk about this case, and that is so hard!! I find myself arguing and asking myself questions as I am in the shower (don't worry, Daryle is gone to work by then!) and in the car as I am commuting an average of one to one and a half hours to and from downtown Phoenix every day. Now I have to go three days until we have to return and hopefully then we can begin to talk about it. That is, unless I turn out to be an alternate. Which could happen. If that happens I just might burst! Hopefully they will wrap it up on Tuesday and we can either make our decision on Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on how much time we have. As I have been sitting in a large, comfy leather chair diligently taking notes my children have been carrying on without me. All I can say is THANK GOODNESS FOR GRANDPARENTS!!! If it wasn't for them I don't know what I would do! So far I have missed 4 days of swim lessons and Connor's first trip to see Sesame Street Live. At least Daryle was able to take a vacation day to help out on that day and ended up being able to take Connor and Travis to that. (It was one of his birthday presents.) I did finish up the summer school course this week and now I only have two more classes to take in the fall. I am SOOO excited!! Graduation can't come soon enough. It was so exciting to fill out my application for graduation. Sorry, no pictures for now. Mommy wasn't home to capture those moments! Yesterday I did hear good news though... Connor used the potty 5 times!! Slowly but surely we are getting there!

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

We missed you Tuesday. I just assumed you had Jury Duty that day and then were off the hook. Call me if you are done by Tuesday and want to go to the bounce place. I don't have to work Tuesday. You're a good citizen!