Saturday, June 12, 2010

It's All About the Little Guy

Time flies. Boy, does it fly by. And my kids aren't even teenagers yet! I can hardly believe that just one year ago tonight we spent our last night in this house without Connor. Amazing. We were packing bags for a family of 4. We knew Travis would be a good traveler but we were a little apprehensive as to how Connor would do on the trip home. We just were hoping that Connor would be healthy (he was sick two weeks prior, when we were there for court. We only saw him for a very quick minute from behind a glass window.) Thankfully he was completely recovered when we arrived to pick him up. Fast forward one year to now. Connor has grown 6 inches and has gained about 8 pounds. He eats everything, is talking up a storm, is learning how to handle his big brother, and now he is telling me he wants to be potty trained! Yes, he is quite interested in this activity. Travis was over 3 1/2 when he was ready and Connor will be 2 on Tuesday. This is one amazing kiddo. For the past two months he has shown interest, so this week I broke down and bought a little potty chair, pull ups and tiny underwear. I have very low expectations. However, he has gone in it 3 times already! He is averaging one time a day. So far so good. I really think that he just hates diapers and anything to do with them. I also think he idolizes his big brother and wants to be just like him. He has realized that "big boys" use the potty! LOL
Earlier in the week I heard Travis yell, "Mom, get the camera! This is a good picture for you!" (yes, he is a complete HAM!) So, I sort of strolled in and I found these two sitting up on Connor's changing table. It seems I have two monkeys on my hands!
Of course he was right, it was cute. But then I get myself into trouble because they think "Mom thinks this is cute and we can do it again!" So I quick took a couple of pictures and followed it with, "Now, we are NOT going to be doing this again, right??" We will see! (They really did look pretty cute!)
This morning I caught Connor dancing to the Wiggles on TV. Boy does he love any show that has music. He dances around and tries to sing. He is just so cute!
Tonight Connor and I are on our own as Travis and Daddy are at the Diamondbacks game. Since the towels were in the dryer I got out this old towel and Connor looked so cute wearing it. It was a little big but after a few minutes he got used to it.
On Tuesday we will celebrate Connor's Second birthday and the day we picked him up forever. I have been working on a project for the past three months. I will post my final results on Tuesday. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

I love reading your memories of these "anniverseries" you hit. I've said it before but I'm so happy for you guys and for Connor. Blessings all around!

We enjoyed seeing Rob in Seattle this past week, he's a funny guy.