Friday, July 1, 2011

Shhhh!

It's not that my 8 year old will be reading this blog.  It's not that he won't see these pictures hanging up in the house. It's just that he is out of town right now. Every time we talk on the phone (several times a day) he asks what we are doing. When I tell him I hear, "That's no fair!!"  Then I remind him that he is in California.  By himself. With two grandparents doting all over him. However, if I had told him that Connor and I went to get pictures taken I think it might have sent him right over the edge!  I snuck into a few pictures as well. A few years ago (before Connor) I snuck into one of Travis' photo shoots.  So, I think it is fair that I get a picture of me with Connor.  Let me preface this by saying that I did take both boys into JC Penney for pictures on Monday.  Their programs won't let me down load pictures other wise I would have posted those earlier in the week.  One thing I wanted was to get a picture of Connor in a shirt I bought him in Moscow.  I had a shirt for Travis and had his picture taken when he was about 2 1/2.  When we went on Monday I didn't like any of the three pictures she took in his shirt. I wanted to be able to see the whole thing. That is why I decided to take Connor in today. Then when I called of course they told me about the cute  beach scene they just got.  Sigh. I am such a sucker!  Of course I got him a swimsuit outfit (of course he will get a lot of use out of it as well) just for the pictures.  I must say he is so darned cute. It also helps that he is 3 now.  Taking pictures of a 3 year old is so much better, hands down!  For that, I am thankful. I shudder to think about how much money I spent (and Grammy too!) on these pictures. I just love pictures. I have a weakness.  However, the last time I took my boys in was a year ago. I usually do it more than once a  year.  Also, I have bought countless pictures of Travis this year (basketball, soccer, baseball, fall and spring school pictures... for example) so I figured I owed it to Connor. After all, when Travis was the only child I took him in at least twice a year.  Keep in mind they took 93 pictures... I got the CD and narrowed it down to these to show you.  Enjoy!













In case you were wondering, Travis is having a wonderful time in California. Hopefully the cats in the house/neighborhood are doing well.  Connor and I will fly up on Tuesday, I am sure by then we will be more than ready to see each other!  I am not sure how much Connor misses Travis... on the first day it took him ten hours until he realized he was gone!!  It was at dinner time and he noticed "a body" was missing so he went looking and calling for Travis.  I think he is enjoying his time as "an only child". Who wouldn't??!!  (As for me, I miss his hugs, and sense of humor around here!  Thank goodness for cell phones, I always know where he is!!)

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

The pictures are wonderful! I love them! That little shirt is precious. See you and the boys at Train Town soon.
Mary Ann