Sunday, March 8, 2009

Decisions

Yesterday was a better day. First we went to Travis' soccer banquet, that was very nice. He got this really cute trophy/bank with soccer balls and cleats on it. He loves it and has already started putting change in it! I will have to take a picture of him with it. He just loves sports!

After that we drove down to Tucson to meet with our agency representative. She is so nice and really helped us talk out all of our options and she answered many questions we had about traveling blind vs waiting for May and adopting that little boy born in June. There are a lot of unknowns with each situation. We talked for awhile and really thought it all out. Finally, we decided to go ahead and travel blind. I know it sounds scary, but we are really at total peace with it and we believe it is the right decision for us at this time. I could go on and on explaining why we chose this decision, but it could end up being a book! So, just know we did not make a rushed decision, we weighed it all out and this is what we are going to do. We are hopeful that we will find our child while we are there. If not, we will have to cross that bridge when we get to it.

Then we got to the nitty gritty of what we need to know and do before traveling. I was so relieved to find out more information on the gifts part. One thing I do need to do is bring an entire suitcase full of clothes for the orphanage. Evidentally they have had a change of heart and will now allow clothing from places like Goodwill or Salvation Army, etc., provided tags are still attached. So, I guess I will be combing clearance racks and thrift stores for the next few weeks! It makes me feel good to be helping children out like this, it makes it a little easier when we leave with our one child to know the others left behind will have something to help them out a bit. If anybody knows of a great place to get good clothing please let me know!

Basically we are pretty much prepared to leave on March 21! All of our paperwork is in order, nothing has expired, all we have to do is get packed. Now I feel like I can be happy that spring break is here!! Get out the paintbrushes and then the suitcases!

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

I just now got to read your previous post, but was thinking about how sometimes the right decisions require the most faith. "Traveling blind" does sound scary, but faith will make it possible!

Old Navy usually has REALLY good clearance stuff, but not all the time and not a lot of it. Does it matter what sizes they are? I check clearance racks in every store I go in, so I'll be on the look out for you. :)