Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Update from Russia

Hello from cold, snowy Moscow! It has been snowing all day and they expect to get more tonight. We saw some GIANT snowflakes this morning, we took some pictures and video of it coming down! Daryle and I are so excited, although I think the Russians are ready for some spring! We saw the baby again today and officially opened the procedures to adopt him. He is for sure the "missing" member of our family! I have to chuckle to myself, because he has "my blue eyes" and fair skin, I kid you not! You have all seen Travis, so you know what I am talking about here. He is so cute and sweet, he is active, a lot like Travis. I think Travis has met a good match, hopefully they can wear eachother out and let Daryle and I rest! Hahaha!! We were allowed a 2 hour visit, but after about 1 1/2 hours he was getting sleepy, so our translator went to get somebody to get him. Well, in those few minutes he fell asleep on my shoulder!!! It was wonderful!! Daryle said, "He is drooling on you." I said, "That is great, I am his mom and that is what we are for!!" He just smiled and laughed! It is only fair, afterall, Travis fell asleep on Daryle first in Blago! The only thing is that the baby has a red birthmark over his left eye. I guess it has faded since birth and will either fade away all together or as he grows it will move up his head and be covered by his hair. His medical is fabulous, no problems at all, only this mark which is nothing at all. Our dr in Memphis that led us to Travis reviewed his medical and pictures and said "his medical looks great, no red flags if you have further question let me know." Well, that is exactly what she said about Travis when we met with her! We have had many great signs like this the whole time we have been here. This is our son, and we have decided to name him Connor. He is a Connor for sure with those big blue eyes!! We have been having a great experience here in Moscow, we are getting a true feeling of how people in Moscow live. We feel like we are making some very good friends whom we will keep in touch with. Most of them have children our age, it is interesting how many of them have left Russia for the US, Canada or even Italy. Out of 6 kids, only 2 are still here in Moscow and they are single women. They may leave just yet! It is so interestiing hearing these people's stories.Ok, I had better get going, it is getting late.

6 comments:

Amber Kerby said...

Lisa I knew things would work out for you guy's,you are great people it brought a tear to my eye and gave me cold chills to read your post I feel I am a part of the family and have loved keeping up with the process I am so happy for you guy's and know Travis can hardly wait to be a BIG brother.... Congrats! AMBER

mad white woman said...

Lisa! I am so excited for you guys. Lots and lots of happy tears. I can't wait to meet Connor and am so glad things worked out.

PS Sorry I never got those clothes to you... :)

espnherriott said...

I can't wait to see the pictures. It appears that everything seems to be working out. As we all know everything happens for a reason and it seems as if Connor is that reason. I hope you have a safe flight home and I am looking forward to a phone call so that I can hear all about your journey!!!

boymomx3 said...

Lisa and Daryle, I am so excited for you guys and Travis and Connor too! He sounds like a beautiful baby. I can tell by your blog that you are so happy. I can't wait to hear more about Connor and your trip.
Deanna

Patricia Lounibos said...

Lisa, this is fantastic news! Billy told me the other day. I can tell he's excited about it as he posted an update about being an uncle again. I can hardly wait to meet Connor!

Cara said...

OKAY I'M TOTALLY CRYING HERE!!! Prayers have been answered! How wonderful it must be to hold that litle boy and know that you will soon have another son in your home. I'm so excited for you!!I Can't WAIT to hear all about your trip! I'm very curious about the people too. Enjoy Connor! Love you guys! Cara