Monday, March 23, 2009

Hello from Russia

Hello!! Ok, I finally got access to the internet, Svetlana's neighbor has the internet, they are so kind to let me use it for a bit on their laptop. They have a 6 year old boy, he said "Hello", I guess one of the English words he knows!! I think Travis would like to play with him. Anyway, our flights were smooth sailing, we even landed in Moscow 30 minutes early. Our driver was there and he took us to Svetlana's flat. She is wonderful, so warm and welcoming. You should see the tiny elevator we took to get to the sixth floor, I am not kidding when I say it is the size of a phone booth!! Anyway, we got off the elevator and there she was with her door wide open and giving us hugs and welcoming us into her home. It was like we were already members of the family! I took pictures of her place, it is tiny but sufficient. No family room like we are used to, but I guess that is what our room would be if she didn't reserve it for guests. We already have stories about her, she is a lot of fun. We are even enjoying her cooking, although she feeds us way too much food! We laugh about it!! Since our appointment is not officially until Tuesday our coodinator was not able to get us in today like she had hoped to. So, we sat around waiting for her, sleeping, and reading wishing I had a computer!! Svetlana got home around 3:30 and showed me a little store and she showed me where we could go walking to the "mall", it was a lot like the one in Blago, only busier and maybe bigger. That is where I saw the apple computer store and I got on the internet and sent out a quick message that we were ok.

Tonight our coodinator came to meet us. We really like her a lot. She explained some things to us about the baby and about Dr.B. We are hoping and praying that it goes well with her tomorrow. She definately has an opinion about her, but she is also ok with us sending things to our doctor in TN. After our visit she will let us forward the medical information and a picture to her so that we can get her opinion on him. Our coodinator spent an hour with him today and she just really likes him, she has a good feeling, she doesnt' know why. We totally get that! Of course we are proceeding with cautioin, but the birth mother's birthday is the same day as Daryle's....hmmm. Anyway, we feel like we are in very good hands here, don't worry about us at all. I don't know when I will get back to a computer, I don't know if they will let us do this every day, they are busy people! We are going to try and get a calling card tomorrow, but we may be busy visiting the baby etc. We will do our best. Well, think that is about all for now.

Tell Travis they have lots of McDonald's here and we saw an IKEA store right by the airport!! We took pictures to show you too. It is cold here, but very nice inside. We really enjoyed our walk in the cold earlier, my cheeks and nose got cold and there were some tiny snow flurries.

Thanks for all the prayers, we go to the ministry of education at 10 tomorrow and we will meet with the baby around noon after his nap.

Ok, I had better get going.

Much love,Lisa and Daryle

No comments: