Saturday, March 6, 2010

5 more days...

We only need to get through the first 5 days of the work week and then we are off for 2 weeks!! I am so looking forward to it, so is Travis. Connor has no idea, but he will enjoy it once he figures out he can sleep in and play in his pj's in the mornings! I just need to get my report cards done tomorrow and then it should be smooth sailing.

I can hardly believe that Travis will be turning 7 at the end of the month. It seems like it wasn't that long ago that I was sitting at my kitchen table in my house in Memphis crying because we still hadn't received "the call" to go get him and we would be missing his very first birthday. I remember being so very sad on that day. However, now that we have had 5 birthdays since then I think we have more than made up for missing the first one! LOL Last year Travis got a little bit "cheated" out of his birthday because Daryle and I were on our first trip to meet Connor. We got back to town the night before his birthday and then we blinked and Easter was here. So, this year I promised him he could have a birthday party. He decided he wants to have it at the bowling alley. Last Monday, on March 1, he announced to his ENTIRE CLASS that he was having a party at the bowling alley. I could have died! That was NOT what I had in mind!! I am not inviting 24+ kids to the bowling alley for goodness sakes. Finally, tonight we had a talk and we have narrowed the list down to 7 boys from school and then our usual guests (people that I know will come, or at least will RSVP in a timely manner!). I think I am safe now, and we should not have more than the limit of 12. Phew. I must say I was having a heart attack for a minute there! It didn't help that Travis brought down his friend to my room after school. They had their arms around each other's shoulders and this boy gave me a thumbs up and said enthusiastically, "I'm SO in for this party!" Good thing he was already on the list.

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

Parents never get enough credit for finding ways to ease out of the predicaments kids get us in!

Wow, that kid is growing up fast.

I'm excited for you to have some time off. Yay, hooray!