Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sometimes boys just need to be boys

I am so excited we have finally reached Spring Break! The boys are both growing and getting so big right before our very eyes. Sometimes I just wish we could freeze time and at other times I find myself of dreaming about things we can do when Connor gets "a little bit older". Right now Travis has learned how to read and he is doing quite well. However, I think a certain younger brother may be right on his heels, even though he is 5 years younger!
He still loves to wear his heart glasses from Valentine's Day!
He even puts books back on the shelf when he chooses a new book. (A mother and teacher's dream child!)
As you can see, Connor LOVES books! He turns the pages, looks at the pictures and names things. Sometimes Travis will read to him, it is really quite cute. It is so nice seeing them be able to actually do things together and have fun at the same time.


Yesterday if the "Mother of the Year" committee had made its rounds I am sure I would have been on the list of "How could you let your children do THAT?" list. Oh well. I protested at first, and then I gave in. They were laughing and having so much fun, how could I stop them? So I just decided to watch them and let them be boys. You might be wondering what I was actually letting them do. Here it is:

Yes, they were listening to music from Sesame Street and jumping off of the coffee table. Connor was so cute with his hair going straight up in the air! He is so funny! As you can see, Travis had a pretty good time as well. I am sure he figured he had better enjoy this because normally mom would NEVER allow this! lol They had a good time and nobody got hurt. Phew!


That's about it for now. I am looking forward to spending the next two weeks with my boys. How can I resist these two adorable faces?

No comments: