Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

This was Connor's first St. Patrick's Day. I love this day, it is so much fun to wear green and celebrate being part Irish. I remember growing up my dad would wear this giant button that said something about being Irish for a day and it had a big mug of beer on the front. It used to sit on his dresser all year long just waiting for March 17 to roll around. My brother and I would tease him about not being Irish, since he is German. However, my mom is part Irish so of course that meant my brother and I were officially Irish too. My poor dad was the only one "left out" so to speak! Well, fast forward to my life now and I am the only one who is Irish in my little family so I must carry on the Irish traditions. I am a little obsessed with making sure we all have something green to wear each year, and now the leprechauns come to our house and leave little goodies around. They also turn our milk green! YIKES! To top it off, I surprised myself a couple of months ago when I realized that we gave our boys Irish names, so I guess even though they are Russian I sort of passed on some of my Irish heritage to them both in an indirect way. Funny how those things work out, isn't it?

All year long I work hard to get the "perfect pictures" for the yearly calendar for the grandparents and uncles. Today did not go as planned. I am going to do some serious cutting and pasting for next year's March page. Connor was not having any part of it today! Of course in the best picture they weren't dressed yet so they were not wearing green!
This was Connor enjoying his Lucky Charms that the leprechauns left him. Do you see the cereal actually sticking to his face?
This was my attempt to get a picture of Travis... you can tell Connor was already in action with his hand getting in the way!
Here he was, this is how most of the pictures were turning out. Oh well, memories, right?
This one just cracks me up! Travis was being so patient with a very upset toddler. ( I am dreading the terrible two's that will be upon us this summer! I better stock up on the wine and margarita mix...)
These glasses make Travis look like a deranged leprechaun! lol
Finally, I just held out my hand and hoped for the best. Not too bad! Of course Connor looks the best and is smiling like nothing was ever wrong. Let me see now, oh that's right, he is in mom's lap, right where he likes it!! LOL
Let's hope and pray that the Easter photo shoot goes much better than this, the calendar is supposed to be of the kids, not me!

Happy St. Paddy's Day to you all! Cheers!

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

I could learn a thing or two from you about being festive. I always think I am going to do something fun but when these holidays roll around, I'm just a bump on a log!