Friday, March 26, 2010

Our last visit

Boy did we take tons of pictures and short videos on this day! We just wanted to soak up every second we had with Connor not knowing exactly when we would be back. At the time we thought we would be back mid-June because we had been told he had to be one year old at the time of court. With all of the delays we had with Travis in the back of our mind we weren't completely sure what would happen. We were so lucky to be back at the end of May and be bringing him home mid-June! We got so lucky the second time around.
He loved the buttons on my sweater. Early on we could tell how curious and inquisitive he was.
We could also see that everything found its way into his mouth! (This is the total opposite of how Travis was!)
Daddy and Connor enjoyed playing around with his Diamondback's hat. He looks pretty cute. This week he has been wearing his own baseball hat around the house. He loves hats!
It was evident that these two adored each other even after only spending few hours together over 4 days.
It was hard to leave this little guy behind. I got a little teary eyed and I could tell Daryle was holding back a bit. We knew we had to get home to Travis and we also felt that Connor was in a very good place. As we left we hoped and prayed that we would be back in no time at all. Those must have been some pretty powerful prayers because we were back in just two short months!
While we were there Daryle enjoyed taking Tyson out for his nightly walk outside. Notice how I am dressed appropriately for 20-30 degree weather. (Don't worry, my scarf and coat had been cleaned after the incident on Tuesday!)
Now notice how my crazy husband is dressed!! Anatoly called him "hot man" because he stopped wearing his coat. I guess he wasn't cold. Whatever! That's Daryle, a perpetual rebel.
For those of you who have stuck with me through this trip down memory lane, thank you! I mostly just wanted to document some of our memories. I realized that I hadn't done that a year ago, I think it was mostly in part due to the fact that so much has to be kept confidential. Now that he has been home almost a year and we have done 2 post-placement reports I think it is ok to write down some of these details. I really don't think anybody is going to hop on a plane and come get him and take him back!! Who knows it may just help someone who is going through their own adoption process.
Our adoption of Connor was an amazing experience from day 1. We weren't really sure if we would have more children and then all of a sudden one day a light bulb went on in our heads and we realized we needed to go back. It all went so quickly. We know how lucky we are. I read other blogs all the time and there are A LOT of families out there who started the process at the same time as us or BEFORE us and they are still not home with their child yet. I can't explain why this happens. However, I do believe with all my heart that we all have a destiny and things do happen when they are supposed to. Having faith (and lots of it!) is what got us through both of our adoptions. I'm not saying it is an easy road, it isn't for everybody. What I do know is that my boys are perfect for us and they fit into our family as if they were our biological children. I honestly don't even know the difference, these are our children in every way. The love is unconditional all the way around. I may not have stretch marks or have carried my children for 9 months or actually given birth. However, when my final days do come I can't even begin to imagine what the stretch marks on my heart will look like because that is where I have carried these boys from the beginning. And when it comes down to it, that's all that really matters anyway. That we were all loved and we were a family.

1 comment:

Amber Kerby said...

So glad sweet Connor is here with us and I am glad to get to enjoy him he is such a sweetie!!! AMBER