Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Second Visit One Year Ago

Today I will share some pictures from our second visit to meet with Connor. We passed this church every day on the way to his baby home. I thought it was pretty plus when we got close to it I knew we were almost there!
Also on this particular day it was snowing! It only snowed this one day while we were there. We got a kick out of it, being that we don't get snow where we live. This was the view from our bedroom window, it was so pretty!
Connor was in Baby Home #17. From all appearances it seems to be a "good" orphanage. It was very clean and bright and they had lots of toys that were musical and brightly colored for the children to play with. For most of our visits we were in the music room. One time we saw a harp in there, they also had a piano, stereo system and some type of background that might be used for plays or performances. It was a large room. Around the edge of the carpet along the windows were these cute little chairs for the children to sit on.

On our way to the music room in the hallway were some bulletin boards that looked like this.
I don't know whose artwork this is, but I would like to believe it was from some of the older children who live in the baby home. (They are there until they turn 4 and then they move on to a different type of home.) Outside the window we noticed that somebody had built a snowman outside where the children go to play.
This was another view out the windows of the music room. You can see it must be a wonderful play area for the children in the warmer months of the year. We were told they play out there a lot and have lunches in the covered areas.
At last, we got to see and play with Connor again! He was more smiley this day!


We were already falling head over heels in love with this little guy. He has the cutest giggle and such a bright smile. Those two bottom teeth were just as sweet as can be too! We had an extra long visit this day, I think about 2 hours. He got really tired after about an hour and a half and then he fell asleep on me. It was the best feeling! I got to carry him down the hall, down some stairs and into the area where they put him to sleep. I didn't get to see his bed, they stopped me at the door. It sure was more than I saw in Travis' baby home. I think that by getting to see some areas of the home it made me feel a little more at ease knowing we would soon have to leave him and return home to Arizona to wait for court. I look at this picture and turn and look at him now and it is amazing how much he has grown and changed in one short year!

No comments: