Saturday, May 29, 2010

This and That

Finally. We made it to summer vacation!! I am so excited to be able to spend the whole summer with both boys. No traveling out of the country. No adjusting to a new family member. No adoption paperwork (I spent the last 2 summers doing that!). Just time to do swim lessons, sports camps, summer movies and just have some down time. Next week I will start my summer school class for the next 4 weeks. I am sort of excited about it because I have heard wonderful things about the teacher. Also, it will be good for me to get a "break" two evenings a week from my precious, beautiful boys. I think I will be needing it!
Here they are, already preparing for football season. They are ALL BOY I tell you!
This week we celebrated Connor's first Gotcha Day. We met my mom and dad at Applebee's to commemorate the day. I can't believe it was a year ago already!
Gotcha Day also happened to be the last day of school. So it was Connor's last day at the sitter's. Of course since we had dinner plans this was the day Connor decided not to take a nap. He thought it would be so fun to take off his poopy diaper and smear it around the crib at the sitter's house instead of sleep. Wonderful. I think we will start the potty training this summer. Or else it is going to be a very, very, very LONG summer! LOL
Here are my boys, looking so angelic.
Here is our family of 4, exactly one year after the court officially named us Connor's parents. I read somewhere that GOTCHA Day stands for "God's Ordained This Child's Happy Adoption Day". Sounds perfect to me.

No comments: