Thursday, May 19, 2011

3 R's: Reading, Rainbows, and Uncle Rob

My brother's favorite book growing up was Cars and Trucks and Things That Go by Richard Scarry.  He loved finding Gold Bug's hiding spot on each and every page.  I can remember looking at his book with him over and over again as we sat on my mom and dad's bed. I can remember how the binding and pages were taped over and over again to hold it all together.  Then when Travis came home some good friends of ours gave Travis a copy of the book.  Travis also enjoyed hunting around all of the pages on the "Gold Bug" hunt.  Looking at all of the cool modes of transportation was always a big hit too.  Yes, even our book acquired some tape during Travis' love affair with the book.  Well, Connor seemed to find the book on the bookshelf recently and now both of my boys are heavily engrossed in reading this all the time. Now it's Connor's turn to find the little yellow guy.  I wonder how much more tape we will be needing this time around??  I love it!

 Uncle Rob's plane finally showed up on Saturday.  Although our visit was short because he was actually here on... gasp.. business! We were just happy he came in town a day early so he could hang out with us, even if it was just for dinner. Plus I was able to get an updated shot of him and the boys for the annual Christmas calendar that the family gets.  We never know when we will get to spend time with  him so I am always getting pictures when he is here. Unfortunately this was the only picture. Oh well, at least it was the important one!
 Yesterday we got a little bit of rain in the desert. Well, those of you who live where rain REALLY exists would question whether or not this was rain. However, since we got a super cool (look closely to see the double part) rainbow over our house I would say we can officially say we got rain!

It was so big I had to get it in two shots.  It was so cute, Travis was outside and ran in shouting for us to come outside. I saw the rainbow and rushed in to get my camera. Good thing I did because it didn't stick around for very long. The pictures don't do it justice, it was so bright and beautiful. I just love rainbows!
Am I a bad mom because we all played in the raindrops for a few minutes? Since we hardly ever even see rain (let alone rainbows!) around here I didn't think it would hurt. It sure was refreshing!

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

It's fun to see Rob (and the pictures of Gma and Gpa in the background). If you're a bad mom for letting them play in the rain for a few minutes, I must be the worst mother ever. ;)