Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

I had a wonderful Mother's Day!  For so many years I celebrated this day hoping that "next year I would finally be a mom".  I will never forget my first Mother's Day when Travis was finally home with us!  Then three years ago on Mother's Day we decided to head back to Russia for our second adoption. Now for the second year I celebrated this day with both of my boys!  Travis made me some cute projects at school (and one at Home Depot with dad) and Connor made me some cute gifts at the babysitter's house. His involved "fancy jewlery" and I don't know who wore it more today, Connor or me!  Here are my gifts:
These are from Travis.  Love them!

 These are from Connor... priceless!
 We went over to my parent's house today for hamburgers and some swimming. After Connor had a nap we headed out to the park to feed the ducks. I am not sure, but this might have been Connor's first time feeding the ducks.  We had fun watching the ducks fight over bread as the birds tried to steal it all from them!
The boys finally got to start the swimming season at my parent's house.  It is great because they can finally play together. Connor is fine with his vest and Travis swims great.  Here they are jumping off the side of the pool.

Of course I had to get a picture of the boys with my mom. I have the most wonderful mother.  Thanks mom for all you have done for me over the years.  You are so strong, I can only hope to be half as strong as you one day!  I love you tons and so do my boys!!

Yesterday was one of Travis' last baseball games.  It should have been the last one but we had one rain out week so we will play our make up game on Friday night.  Since it was nice and sunny and all of the grandparent's were there (to watch Connor) I decided to take some pictures of my little baseball player.

All in all it was a pretty good weekend.  This morning Daryle and the boys fixed me breakfast in bed, we went to mass together and then we went to my parent's house.  My mom and I even got away for a bit to do some shopping while Connor took a nap.  To all of you who are mothers, I hope you had a wonderful day. To all of you who are still hoping to be a mom one day remember to keep the faith and stay strong.  These things have a way of working out even when we don't understand what is taking so long. We were married for ten years before we were blessed with Travis. Believe me, I don't take Mother's Day lightly! I am so grateful for my boys and I say prayers of thanks each and every day that we were brought to each other.  Before we got married I would never have thought that we would end up traveling across the world to find our children.  Life is funny that way.  We end up doing things we never thought could be possible.  Happy Mother's Day!  

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Every time I read your blog I'm reminded of how thankful I am to have married into a good family. Ryan comes from good roots.

mad white woman said...

Happy Mother's Day! It does all work out and your boys are so lucky to have you. I'm glad they made your day special.