Monday, May 30, 2011

Gotcha Day ~ 2 years already??

On Friday we marked the two year anniversary of the day when the judge said, "Dah!" that we could be Connor's parents.  I will never forget the window washers banging into the windows as Daryle was talking to the judge.  It was quite a distraction to me. Nobody else seemed to be bothered by it! I guess that is a good thing.  I also remember how the Swine Flu was the big news of the time. Connor was sick when we went to court so we didn't get to visit him at all.  We did get to see him through a window for all of 15 seconds and then out the door we went.  The following days we weren't even allowed to come back to the orphanage for fear that the "Americans might have the swine flu". Never mind that we weren't even sick. Oh well.  So we did a lot of sightseeing in Moscow instead.  That seems like soooo long ago!  Connor is fast becoming a "big kid" and is no longer a "baby"... although I still refer to him as such from time to time. He will be 3 years old in just 2 weeks.  Amazing.  
Here we all are.  Even though these pictures were taken two days after Gotcha Day I don't think we changed that much between now and then.. haha!!
Connor, we are so blessed to have you in our family.  We would not be the same without you.  It is a joy to watch your sweet personality blossom each and every day. Your Independence amazes me.  Not a day goes by that you don't do or say something and I wonder, "Now where did you learn about that??"  Just yesterday you called 911 all by yourself and asked the lady to come to your house. Never mind that you thought you were calling Robosaurus over for a play date.  I just kept wondering, "Now how did he know about calling 911?" I think after your time out you learned your lesson on that one.  In fact after your time out you told me, "I won't call on the phone anymore mommy!"  But perhaps the highlight of the day was when we were walking in the Costco parking lot. I was carrying you when you flung your arms around my neck for a big hug and said, "This is MY Mommy!!"  Why, yes I am! 

2 comments:

mad white woman said...

I had so much fun visiting with you and your mom yesterday. See you again in a few hours!

Grammy said...

I love that little guy! I love them both! I can't remember what my life was like before them ... but I think it must have been very boring, for sure! haha