Saturday, May 14, 2011

Waiting

I don't like waiting for things. However, I have learned over the years how to wait in a more patient manner.  I think I need to pass this on to my dad. He can't wait. 

We had a busy morning with the baseball team end of year team party which was at the park down the street from our house.  Daryle and I went to bed at 12:30 and my little you-know-who came into our room at 6:30 bright eyed and bushy tailed!  That was just not enough sleep for me.  Then, it was pretty warm out there, in the high 90's this morning.  I actually came home and took a power nap afterwards. I am feeling much better now.

With that being said, I will get back to the waiting part.  Right after I got up and around again my phone rang. It was my dad. He wanted to know when we were coming over. You see my brother's plane from Seattle is landing at 3:27. He called me around 3:12.  He wanted to know when he should start getting the pork loin cooked on the BBQ.  Well Dad, Connor is still sleeping.  We will come when he wakes up.  Didn't we already go over that?  At least three times?? Yesterday? I know he is excited. But really? Yes dad, we will call when we are on our way. 

Gotta love my dad!  He really is the best, even though he didn't inherit MY patience gene!  LOL

1 comment:

Grammy said...

ahahahahaha ... you have patience? Now that's funny! you and Dad ... 2 peas in a pod!
Now just hurry up and get over here.