Monday, July 18, 2011

Girls Weekend

I just came back from a very relaxing weekend at my aunt and uncle's "cabin" up north.  It was my many aunts and cousins that got together.  I lovingly say "cabin" because this is a very luxurious resort-like home.  No kids. No husbands. Just great company and lots and lots of fun! On Saturday we all went to the clubhouse for neck and shoulder massages followed with a lovely lunch. The weather was gorgeous. It was wonderful to get out of the heat for a few days. This was just what the doctor ordered for me since I have to go back to work on Friday.  The kids start next Wednesday. Sigh. It really has been a great summer!  Here is a picture of our group.  A few people were unable to make it, hopefully the next time they will come too.
 Here is the front view of their lovely home.
Here is the newest addition to our family. Little Charlie Ann was born at the end of May. She was the only child that was allowed to come.  =)  We enjoyed passing her around and getting our "baby fix" if you know what I mean!  On a side note, she is their fourth child... and fourth girl!  They named her after our grandfather. I think it is pretty cool.
 The clouds were so beautiful, every view was breathtaking.
Of course we had lots of fun drinks like this the whole time. Just look at that smile!!
I realized that I need to do things like that more often ... once or twice a year would be ideal!  LOL   Of course there are some things that went on that I can't mention here... what happens at Girls Weekend stays at Girls Weekend!  It was so nice to have some girl time with my family, bonding like that makes for some great memories!

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Glad you could have a nice getaway before school starts. What am I going to do without all these updates?

mad white woman said...

What a fun weekend. I'm glad you got some time away and had a little pampering.

That house is beautiful!

Mary Ann said...

It really was a very special weekend and so wonderful to spend time with each other. Thanks for capturing the spirit so well, Lisa.