Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dr. Appointment

Well, it is 12:40 in the afternoon here. We had the dr appt at 9 am, it went very well. He had this big scab looking thing on his arm, the orphanage said it was from his TB vaccination, well Dr. Boris said something was inflamed and that the scab thing was "like a stone" so we had to have it removed. Basically he put something on it that loosened it so he could just pull it right off. Well, it was bleeding and he was screaming of course, so now it is bandaged up. That cost 1000 rubles just for that! Travis got to meet him and that was cool because it was the same doctor that saw Travis in 2004. We told Dr Boris he had met Travis before so he talked with him. He asked him his favoirite sport and before answering Travis said, "What is your favorite?" He is such a character! Then Travis said boxing!!! I don't know where he comes up with these things sometimes!! We wanted to get a picture with him, but they were really busy and then I started to not feel well....thank goodness I made it to a bathroom this time! I don't know why I got sick. My stomach wasn't feeling all that great after breakfast, I thought I was just nervous. Then, the dr office was really hot, then I had to help hold him down for that whole scab removal thing and then I just couldn't hold it in anymore. I am on my second 7-Up now, I am not sure how much better I am feeling. I got the lucky task of staying back at the room with both boys while Daryle went to take care of Connor's passport. That didn't go too well, the plan was for Connor to sleep but as I type this Daryle and Travis are in the room trying to get him to sleep. I just keep thinking how in the last 24 hours how his little life has been turned upsidedown! One reason I couldn't get Connor down was that Travis "wanted to play". He is having a hard time understanding that babies need to SLEEP! Not to mention, Connor woke up at 5 this morning! He fell asleep in the car each time to and from the dr, but only for about 5-10 minutes, so we know he is exhausted. He is used to taking 2 naps, so his schedule has been changed quite a bit.

For some good news, I saw a big store that I plan on going to later this afternoon in hopes it has some baby food that I can buy for Connor. I have been to two stores and have not been able to find what I am looking for.

Other than that, things are going fine over here. We are still adjusting from the flight I think, I am sure once we are used to it we will be headed back home to start all over again!!

I wish I could post pictures, however, we aren't supposed to until we have him home with us in the US. Second, I don't have the software to download with me, I am not sure that Mariott would like me downloading this on their computers anyway! Be patient, once we get home I will have plenty to post!! The camera has been getting a good workout! LOL

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

I kind of feel like vomitting after reading about that scab... hopefully that heals soon. I can't wait to meet Connor. Have I mentioned that before? :)