Monday, June 15, 2009

We are now a family of 4!!

I can't believe we are now a family of 4!! No turning back now! LOL There is so much to say but I don't have too much time because Travis and I need to head out to the store. We are calling this his "Russian Adventure", going to the store will be just that. When we got to the orphanage they asked if I wanted to dress him, so Daryle and I went downstairs to get him while Travis stayed upstairs with Alla and visited. Once I started dressing him he began to cry, it broke my heart. I could tell the lady who handed him over to us was getting a little choked up and she was telling Connor this is your Mama and Papa now. That was enough to get me, but when he puckerd up his little lip and began crying my tears started up! Then another lady came by and was telling him good bye too. I could tell the people there really do seem to care about the children and it is bittersweet when they have to say good bye to them.

The 12 month outfit I brought fits him pretty well, the pants are slightly too long but we just roll them up. He is bigger than Travis was when we brought him home, which is what I figured. We took some pictures at the orphanage and then we had to go get his passport picture taken and Daryle had to go fill out paper work for his passport. Daryle goes back tomorrow and finishes that up. When we got to the room we all played together for a bit. Connor has taken to all of us, but he really has taken to Travis. He loves his big brother!! We fed him a bit and finally I got him to figure out how a bottle works. Well, he LOVES that bottle!! He downed a whole bottle of formula, which is good. Now Travis and I need to head out to get some baby food. Now that I know he pretty much eats anything I know what to get!

On another note, our driver is so wonderful with Travis. They have been having so much fun together because sometimes we have to wait for things. Today he let Travis explore his car, kind of scary, but he didn't seem to mind.

Well, off to the store. I am also hoping to find a good place to eat tonight. Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers, things are going pretty well so far. Now, if we can only get Connor to sleep we will be in good shape! Daryle is with him now, of course I got him to eat so now he should sleep, I am sure Daryle will take all the credit on that one! LOL Now, Travis and I are off for an adventure!!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

We are so excited for you. We love getting all of your updates. Both Ryan and I have been anxiously waiting for your news. Thanks for taking the time to keep us posted and we look forward to meeting your new family of 4. WOW!