Friday, June 19, 2009

Last post from Moscow!

Tomorrow we will begin our jouney back home, I am excited yet dreading it all at the same time. I just hope the kids can sleep. I have noticed Connor needs to lay down and get the wiggles out before he can fall asleep, I hope he is able to fall asleep on one of us on the plane. Hopefully he will just pass out. His schedule has been to take a morning and an afternoon nap, so maybe he will sleep in the car on the way to the airport. I will just pack up lots of things to entertain and hope for the best!

We had our appointment at the US Embassy today, that went pretty well. We remember being in that same room almost 5 years ago with Travis. Funny how time seems to stand still at times. I guess you could compare it with giving birth to your children at the same hospital! As we were waiting there Daryle made a friend with a fomer D-backs player...see his facebook page for more info on that one! The guy's wife had an appendectomy in their region in the middle of Syberia...talk about a nightmare!! She was back at the hotel while he was at the Embassy. There were lots of families there, one little girl in particular had eyes for Connor!! It was so cute! Her mom said if she could talk she would be asking for his number!! LOL Connor already has a Russian bride! Another mom asked me which orphanage he was from because her daughter kept staring at him like she knew him. They were not from the same one. I am telling you, he has eyes to die for!!! Dr. Boris said we will have to watch out for the girls with BOTH of our boys!! He usually knows what he is talking about.

Connor is doing so well. This morning it only took him 6 minutes to fall asleep for his nap. When he woke up this morning he just stood up and started babbling. He is a sharp one! The baseball player and I were talking about how smart these kids are, it is really amazing to watch. Connor can blow kisses, give kisses, makes all kinds of sound and noises with his mouth, he can hold his bottle and he loves to clap. We have taught him all of these (except for the noises!) this week. You show him once, maybe twice, and he has it down. We finally got baby food yesterday and he gobbles it down like there is no tomorrow! So far he has eaten anything and everything that I have given him. He still loves that bottle. I am anxious to get to the doctor to find out exactly what I should be feeding him and how much. He cries when he finishes his food, like he wants more, but I know he is full because if you distract him into playing he stops crying. As far as his clothing goes, 12 month onesies fit well, but 12 month pants are way too big and the 9 month pants fell off of him as well. Today he is wearing a 9-12 month outfit and it fits perfectly. However, after he fell asleep for his afternoon nap I went to cover him up and he had taken off his pants!!!! Oh my, I have my work cut out for me!! He has taken to all of us and is doing great. I hope it continues once we get home, things will be crazy for the first few weeks.

Travis continues to do well in his new role as a big brother. He informed me this morning that he figures he will have about 3 more brothers...one will be named Steve Hawes...this kids cracks me up! He went "shopping" yesterday and we spent way too much money for this car with a trailer, but there wasn't much to choose from. He also got a Russian flag and a really cool hat yesterday at Red Square. He loves this hotel, the beds are so comfortable! He knows many of the employees here already (they all know Connor too!) and he has learned "the ropes" of how to get around this hotel. He has already seemed to grow up a lot in just the past few days. He is a great helper and really good with Connor. At times he still wants all of my attention, but that also has to do with the fact that there is not much to do here, especially since Connor takes naps all the time! You also have to do a lot of walking to get anywhere, and that is wearing Travis out. Overall, he has had a good time but I think we are all ready to head back home.

That's if from Russia!! The next post will have long awaited pictures to show!!!

No comments: