Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Have passport, will travel!

Hip, hip, hurray!! Travis' US passport came today. I wasn't expecting it until tomorrow or even Thursday. He is so darn excited about going with us, he can hardly stand it. Travis is slightly upset that I moved his car seat/booster seat to the other side of the car. Connor needs to be on the other side so I can get him in and out easily. Travis can get himself in and out without help so I had to move him. We told him this was the "big brother side" of the car and it was more special because now he gets to be on the driver side of the car. He is taking it pretty well, but has his moments. We have talked about it for months so he could start preparing mentally for this change. It is funny how the little things sometimes can be a really big deal to kids! I cleaned out the car yesterday, I even got out upholstery cleaner and cleaned the seats and floor mats (Travis had done some damage there!) and I also put the cover of Travis' car seat in the washer. Now it is just like new! I don't think I went through this "nesting" phase with Travis because when we brought him home we had just moved back to AZ from Memphis and since our house wasn't built yet we were living with my mom and dad. This non stop cleaning is wearing me out!! Quick, somebody get me on that plane to Moscow!!!

2 comments:

karen said...

Hi Lisa & Daryl! Julie told me of your exciting news! Congrats and can't wait to see more news! I just love seeing pictures of Travis-he had me at hello! Ha ha.
From Karen Kruse

Lisa said...

Karen,

Hi! So glad you found us on here. You need to give me your e-mail address, mine is on my blog site. Feel free to send me a note so we can keep in touch. I heard you will be moving soon.