Friday, May 14, 2010

Good Times

It has been so nice to be home every evening this week. In addition to being home, I didn't have any homework to do so it felt like I got to have more fun with my boys this week. I am starting to look forward to being home with them for the summer. If we can have smiles like this every day then things will be going well!
This week our neighbors sold the trampoline in their backyard. Well, my boys heard all of the commotion and they decided it was something they needed to check out. This is where I found them....
Yes, looking through a hole in the brick wall!! I have never taken one single picture from this area of our yard, it is a narrow strip between our house and the wall. You can see why I don't find many "photo op" moments here! LOL After grabbing my camera for a quick picture I told the boys they could come in the house and watch out the front window. They obliged, but I think they liked this view better!
This morning Connor found this hat in his closet. He wore it all day, except for nap time. I bought this ages ago for Travis and it hardly got any use. Connor loves to wear hats. If they fall off he puts them right back on. He is such a character! He is my "hat boy"! (Some would say that is a Hawes trait for sure!)
This afternoon the boys were coloring, peacefully, at the counter for about 15 minutes. I have to capture moments like this anytime they happen as proof to myself that YES we do have some nice,quiet, sharing moments at our house. LOL
And this is how we saw Connor for most of the day. How he can see anything with that hat on his head is beyond me!! He is just so cute I could squeeze him all day long! Oh, and whatever you do, don't touch that hat! I tired to straighten it out so the flag was centered and I thought he was going to throw a fit!! Just call him Mr. Independent.

No comments: