Sunday, February 27, 2011

Love Notes and Baseball

There has been a lot of paper being used around this house lately. Some has been used for good, other paper has been sort of, well, a disaster! Take this shot for instance...
Sweet, innocent Connor was SUPPOSED to be taking a nap. When taking a nap things are SUPPOSED to be quiet, right?? Well, I went in for a peek and found that he had taken an entire box of Kleenex and thrown it all over the place.
Some even made it over here in the toy area! Who knew that something like that was so entertaining? I will have to remember this when shopping for birthday presents!
Every day I go through Travis' backpack. Most of the time it is just the usual work from school. Papers just like the ones I send home each and every day. Lately Travis has had some surprises in there for me. Take for instance this letter requesting parent volunteers.
This cracked me up! First of all I am not his teacher. Second of all the volunteers name is "Mom". Even funnier!!! The sad part is that I already have to be there anyway! Why didn't he sign up his dad?? That same day I saw this paper in his backpack.
Sentence #1... ahh, how cute! Sentence #2, What???!!! A crook?? I had better go look under his bed right now....
This dinosaur I love! Drawing hasn't been one of Travis' favorite thing to do in the past. However, lately he seems to be doing more of it and he actually does a pretty good job. I had to hang this one up in my kitchen!
The next letter from Travis needs a little bit of explaining. Every Friday he comes home with a binder. The first page is a weekly letter from his teacher. Next is a letter from Travis and then mom and dad are to write a letter back to him. The two letters end up getting shared with his whole class. Recently he has been getting silly with them. For instance, Daryle will sign it "Love, Big Daddy" so then I had to say, "Love Little Big Mommy" and things like that. One day we were instructed to write "Dear Bugaboo". Can you tell that he sort of *enjoys* being a class clown a bit?? He likes to make people laugh so we go along with it because it is harmless fun and we have a good time with it. This week this is the letter he wrote in his binder.
Wow! He declared ME, his MOM the BEST teacher!! LOL!!! That is hysterical! Then his current teacher is #2 and the teacher I guess he wants for next year is #3. (Too bad she is moving and won't be here...) He now prides himself on writing and filling up the WHOLE page! He cracks me up. I have no idea what to write back to him.. I may just let "Big Daddy" take care of that one this week! ha!

Currently our family is making the transition into baseball season. Soccer ended yesterday (and Travis made a goal!) and literally right from the game Daryle went to the Coaches meeting for baseball to get uniforms and equipment. In the afternoon the two of them were off to a spring training game. The D-backs have a new facility here in the valley and OF COURSE they had to go to the first game ever! Here are some pictures from their fun day.
Travis got to play some ball while at the game.



Next time, more pictures of Connor. I am still trying to find him in that pile of Kleenex.....

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

I'm always amused by the non-toy objects that children are entertained by.

Sorry you're raising a crook. That must be tough. Ha ha. :)