Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

I know that lots of people feel that Valentine's Day is just a commercialized holiday which causes people to spend way too much money on candy and flowers, among other things. However, I really enjoy the little holiday. We don't go over board.... I have the grandma's to thank for that! I bought the boys some strawberry milk (because it is pink!) and some donuts for breakfast. Thanks to two doting grandmas the kids also got some candy and presents. Here are just a few pictures to show some of the fun they had yesterday.
Here is Connor enjoying his yummy sugar filled breakfast.
Can you believe that both of his grandmas got him the same exact valentine card?? They know Mr. Connor, he LOVES dump trucks that's for sure!
Here is Travis showing off all of his "loot" from his grandmas. Do you think these boys are loved at all?? By the way, that doggy is so cute! As it sings the ears flop up and down and then the tail wags... and the tail has a bell attached so it jingles when it shakes! I thought it was cute the first five times I heard it.... not so sure after 100++++ times now! haha!
Since Monday mornings are hurried around here we saved our valentine pancakes for dinner. Travis helped out in the kitchen. I had big plans to make heart shaped pancakes. I even bought some cookie cutters just for the occasion. Well, they didn't quite turn out the way I had hoped. I guess I need to do some practice so that next year we can have some perfect heart shaped pancakes on Valentines Day. I don't think the kids minded one bit, everybody left a clean plate! I think the pink, red, and white sprinkles made up for it.
This past Saturday we went to Chase Field for Fan Appreciation day for the Diamondbacks. We had a lot of fun. Here are the kids with Baxter.

Who knew that Mickey was a D-backs fan?? As you can see Travis had to hold Connor back. He doesn't like to stand still for pictures. Sometimes we just have to click away and just hope for the best! Well, this is the best for now! Happy Valentine's Day! XOXO

No comments: