Thursday, March 15, 2012

Biker Mom?

I have been known as "Soccer Mom" and "Baseball Mom" even "Basketball Mom". Now I guess I can add "Biker Mom" to the list.  That is all Travis has been obsessed with the past few weeks. His bike.  He likes to take the wheels off, put them back on. Let all of the air out of his tires. Then pump them up again.  He likes to take off the seat, put on his friend's seat, then put his seat back on again. He loosens the handle bars and tightens them up again.  He takes off the pegs then puts them back on again.  Then he announced that he wanted to spray paint his bike.  After at least two weeks of putting him off we finally compromised. We told him he could spray paint the rims only.  He was told to do black, white, or silver (they already were silver). He decided on black.  I have to say, give Travis a project and he will be busy for hours. He acts like a little man. It is so cute to watch. Here is his bike without the wheels.
After scrubbing each wheel with soap and water he got out the paint.


Tah-dah! Two new wheels. He is so proud of his hard work.
Meanwhile, the sun went down and Connor found some sidewalk chalk.
He decided to make a crosswalk between our house and the neighbor's house. Although, they have also referred to it as their own runway....
I had to take a picture of our beautiful AZ sunsets.  This picture doesn't do it justice though.
Here he is putting those tires back on.  He tested it out that night but the batteries in the camera wore out.  Oops!
Today we got the new batteries installed. This is how Travis is spending his spring break....
doing as many wheelies as humanly possible!  This boy is addicted to his bike. (I guess there could be worse things!)  I am glad to see him hanging out with his friends, riding his bike getting exercise and fresh air.  I guess I am now a "Biker Mom"!!

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

You're so awesome for letting him do that... I'd probably be mean and say no. :)