Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Mr. Fix-It

Well, I don't have a picture to go with this story.  But... I just had to write this down.  Today when I went over to grandpa's house to pick up Travis I found him out front with one of his friends.  The friend was on his bike and Travis was just walking around visiting.  I stopped the car and had this conversation with Travis.

Me: Travis, where is your bike?
Travis: It has a flat tire.
Me: Really?  How did that happe...  Wait... what happened to your shirt??!  (At first glance the middle of his shirt looked faded... he was wearing a plaid button down shirt today for Western day at school.)
Travis: Oh, well that happened when I flipped off of my bike over the handle bars because of that flat tire.
Me: Is that tape?!  (Friend gets a big grin on his face and starts to chuckle)
Travis: (huge smile) Yeah, I tried to fix this rip.  (giggle, giggle, smile)
Me: (shaking my head) sigh... boys!  Gotta love 'em! 

Yes, he ran in the house, grabbed some scotch tape and tried to tape up the rip in his shirt. How could I even be the tiniest bit mad?? I smiled and shook my head.

And no, he didn't get hurt.  He just has a red mark on his tummy from the fall.  Tough kid.  I would have been in tears if that had happened to me. Yes, I am a wimp.

Well, I guess I can cross that shirt off my hand- me-down list to Connor!

2 comments:

mad white woman said...

That's awesome. Although, I'm surprised it was Duct tape... maybe that will be in a few years? ;)

mad white woman said...

was should be wasn't :)