Thursday, March 22, 2012

Here Comes the Hail!

One thing I can say is that our weather stays pretty much the same day in and day out.  It cools down in the winter and gets super hot in the summer.  There is not much of a change on a day to day basis.  Often times the weather forecast calls for rain but you don't think too much about it because it may or may not rain in your neighborhood.  One part of the valley gets rain and your yard is as dry as a bone.  Well, last weekend our area got hit with a huge storm.  It was so exciting!  We got wind, rain, hail, and rainbows. Some people a few miles away even got some snow in their yards. No snow for us. Although there was snow in the mountains that surround the valley. That is always beautiful, it looks like somebody took a sifter with flour and sprinkled it all over the mountain tops. As for the hail, this was the first time Connor ever saw it and you would have thought it was Travis' first time too.  He doesn't remember ever seeing it before, but I am sure he has.  Here is was just the day  before, digging in the backyard. (Yes, my little goofball is wearing socks... why? I have no idea.  Maybe to keep the bleach company in business??!)
This is how our street looked on Sunday morning. This hail and rain came and went all day. It alternated rain, hail, sun, rain, hail, sun, etc.. It was awesome!! Oh, and it got cold too.  (Being in the 50's is cold for us! Especially in March when the previous week I was sunburned from being out in the 85+ degree weather!)
 I am so glad this weather happened on a weekend so we could all really enjoy it.
 My boys wanted to hang out in the backyard and survey the damage from the wind and rain.  They would have stayed out there all day long if I would have let them. Travis did a good job of staying out of the rain... Connor, not so much. He wanted to run out there like he was taking a shower!
We are on our last leg of Spring Break. The weather this week has  slowly climbed back up into the 80's. Just where I like it. I am not a fan of the hot, hot summer  weather. But what can you do?  No matter where you live there is some type of weather you have to deal with that is not much fun.  I guess for now I will take the heat. Along with the air conditioning!
 
 
We have lots of things to keep us busy over the next few weeks (months??!).  Tomorrow we have our Diamondback ticket draft for our season tickets and my brother is in town from Seattle so my parents are having a party on Saturday. Next week is Travis' birthday and his Little League season officially starts. The first game is right on his birthday!  (I am thinking the family celebration may have to come a day early just for time management purposes.) I can't believe he will be 9 years old!  He is getting to have a friend party this year too which will be the following weekend.  The good thing is there will be lots to post about here! Stay tuned... this may take awhile!

No comments: