Friday, July 10, 2009

Connor's first antibiotic!

We were told that Connor has eczema, so I didn't think too much when he started getting some little red bumps on his neck. The day we picked him up at the orphanage he had a sore on his neck, we were told it was from being hot and sweaty and his clothing must have rubbed up on it. The medicine we were told to put on it didn't seem to be working, then all of a sudden more and more red bumps began appearing. Then, he got these same looking sores on his upper leg area, only they were bigger! I thought it was due to the heat, I kept putting the medicine on him. Well, yesterday I noticed they were more like open sores and they seemed to be "wet" looking. So, today I called the doctor and they told us to come in this afternoon. Imagine my shock when I was told he has infentigo/impetigo (I looked it up, there are two ways to spell it)!! The doctor was very calm and said he just needs an oral antibiotic. From what she said, I think he got some type of bacteria in that open sore on his neck and since he does have eczema his skin is more susceptible to these types of things. So, we gave the poor baby an oatmeal bath tonight, put different medicine on the sores and started the antibiotic. And here I thought he was cranky because he is getting a tooth!! My poor baby!! I really hope this weekend he begins to feel and look better.

No comments: