Friday, July 3, 2009

Settling In...

I think we are all finally starting to get settled in here, which is a good thing! Connor is on a schedule now and Travis is adjusting to his new role as a "big brother". I never knew a six year old could have so much "love" to give! haha! Seriously though, Travis can't keep his hands off the little guy and most of the time Connor does well but then at times he has had enough of being the baby brother. Tonight as Connor was heading to bed, he actually leaned in and gave Travis a kiss, that made Travis' night!! Travis said, "Mom! He gave me a kiss all on his own!" It was so sweet.

Today at Target I found a math workbook in the dollar bin, I thought it was time we worked on some school work this summer....I know, it stinks having a teacher for a mom sometimes! LOL Actually I have been feeling quite guilty that we haven't done as much as we should to be ready for First grade, but then again I am also one of those teachers that encourages having some fun over the summer too! Well, I think we have had enough fun, school starts July 29 so we had better get a move on! Here is Travis working on his new math workbook.

Connor has got to be one of the MESSIEST eaters ever! Last night he started trying to eat the spoon as I fed him, so today at the store I bought him more foods that he can feed himself. He loved everything I gave him, carrots, peaches and toddler ravioli. He ate all of it and I must say 95% actually made it into his mouth! Now we need to figure out that sippy cup...

" Whoa, look at all of these cars!!! My big brother has such cool stuff for us to play with!! WOOHOO!!"
"Look! I even have a dog and he lets me sit on him, poke him, prod him and even crawl under him! He loves hanging out by my highchair because sometimes I drop food down there! We are quickly becoming best buddies."
"Most of the time I look like this, happy and content! So glad to have found my family too. ;-) I think I love them and will stay here forever!" (Doesn't it look like that is what he is saying??)
The other day I was on the floor hanging out with the boys, we were having a great time as you can see. I wonder how many more years we will be able to pile on top of mom like this without killing her??!!
I think that is all for now. We are looking forward to seeing some fireworks tomorrow, I hope Connor makes it up that late to see them. If not, there is always next year! Happy Fourth of July to you all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah Lisa,
Your family just gave me goosebumps! I love the blog. Connor is so sweet and you all look so happy and blessed. I will be sure to follow you!